Points Tracker 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think we can challenge Man City and Liverpool for top spot BN?

As is well documented, I think Man City are shit. Teams are beaten by them before kick off. They rarely face anyone that intelligently challenges them. When anyone does, huge holes appear. Much depends on how we do against them. If Rodgers is brave and clever, we can finish above them. I fully expect Guardiola to walk out on them at the end of the season too. This may affect things towards the end of the season.

Liverpool are a much better side than Man City in my opinion. We are not as good as they are. They also have every referee seemingly determined to help them along the way. They have two problems though. One is a fixture list that is going to hurt them. The other is a weight they are carrying around that it is 30 years since they won the league. Even a large lead isn't surmountable against them. They may implode. They will definitely wobble.

So, yes I do.

26 points already and our next 5 league games are Brighton, Everton, Watford, Villa, Norwich. All in the bottom half and with 3 of the games at the King Power (Everton, Watford, Norwich).
These are runs where teams can lose their way or become complacent. However, if we avoid that and get even 10 points out of those 5 games then we will be set up for some GREAT games against Man City and Liverpool over Christmas.

26 points already and our next 5 league games are Brighton, Everton, Watford, Villa, Norwich. All in the bottom half and with 3 of the games at the King Power (Everton, Watford, Norwich).
These are runs where teams can lose their way or become complacent. However, if we avoid that and get even 10 points out of those 5 games then we will be set up for some GREAT games against Man City and Liverpool over Christmas.
And if we manage maximum points, we'll pass the magic 40 points and be safe for another year! Woop woop.

The league is very interesting this season.

For example, consider that Wolves are 5th and have only won 4 of their 13 matches. There is a clump of clubs that are winning a couple, losing a couple. Outside the current top four, there are no strong sides.

If we look at the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd, they are already too far adrift to get to big total at the end of the season. Arsenal have the highest of these at present (18) and even if they improved and got two points a game from here onwards, they'd only finish with 68 points.

It looks to me like we'll 'only' need 70 points to comfortably finish 4th. If our form dropped off significantly and we became like that clump of clubs, we'd still end the season with a total in the mid 60s.

If we only maintain our current form for the next four matches (H to Everton, Watford and Norwich and A to Villa), we'd be on 38 points after 17 matches. We'd then be able to cruise our way to the Champions League without too much difficulty.

So, in 5 of the last 10 seasons our projected end of season points tally would win the league, but interestingly, not in the last 3 seasons (83, 100, 98).

Relegation, seems out of the question so where are we now and where will we end up?

My £20 bet to win the league @ 420/1 now has a buy-out offer of £450. Stick or twist?

So, in 5 of the last 10 seasons our projected end of season points tally would win the league, but interestingly, not in the last 3 seasons (83, 100, 98).

Relegation, seems out of the question so where are we now and where will we end up?

My £20 bet to win the league @ 420/1 now has a buy-out offer of £450. Stick or twist?
Cover your bets and then keep the rest in.

Every time we get an update in here, I really have a good look at the current situation and try to 'get my head around' what is going on. As the weeks go on I'm finding it harder to believe.
Thank you Mr Camberwell Fox.

That offer will improve in the coming weeks. After we beat Watford 4-1 and Everton take three points off Liverpool, it will improve this very week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757