Premier League 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to start this thread, I suppose.

I'll start it with a set of new rules:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/36844570

Wish they'd done something about corners. It's bedlam, was in the PL last year and was in the Euros. And getting worse. Yet the referees will hardly ever do anything and therefore when they do it will be completely arbitrary and potentially at a significant moment - the West Ham game (and a Euros match that I can't recall which one) being a classic example.

There have always been laws to prevent players doing these things, it's just that they haven't been applied in the professional game. It annoys me that we need things like this, when they are already there.

I can't see the bit where refs promise to stop being ****s.
But if you call them one, looks like you'll be off.

A referee talking about the swearing said that he realises that players swear, for instance they stub their toe, miss a chance at goal etc. However if such swearing is directed at an official or another player and certainly in an agressive manner then the offender, be it a player or even a member of the management team will be sent off or sent to the stand.

I can see Red cards Galore at the start of the season, being another reason for having a bigger squad.

But if you call them one, looks like you'll be off.

A referee talking about the swearing said that he realises that players swear, for instance they stub their toe, miss a chance at goal etc. However if such swearing is directed at an official or another player and certainly in an agressive manner then the offender, be it a player or even a member of the management team will be sent off or sent to the stand.

I can see Red cards Galore at the start of the season, being another reason for having a bigger squad.
This has never and will never be equally applied. Rooney would never be on the pitch and the FA can't have that with one of England's heroes.

Opening day is looking better and better.

Hull barely have a fit first-team player, they've made no signings of note, and now no manager. An almost certain 3 points is quickly becoming a guaranteed 3 points.

I see the bookies have thrown a titbit to the gambling mugs out there.
He said: "We did initially offer Burnley at 5000/1 but the volume of bets on the night that they were promoted was such that we now have a £10m liability on them winning the title.

"Leicester's incredible achievement resulted in a pay out of nearly £5m last season, so it's no surprise that punters are eager to back another big-priced outsider and we'll be hoping the influx of top managers will see one of the favourites win for once."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757