Premier League 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could fernades get a ban for the stamp on the villa player? Ref saw it, as did Fergie in the VAR room but still?

It's not the first time Fernandes has won a penalty like that.
Jump and turn in to the defender.
However, this one could have been a red card for dangerous play.

John Moss excelling, again|!

Which is essentially a problem with VAR then?

People that don't like VAR or want to scrap it are talking about the technology and the addition of it to the game. I think all that is fine.

The laws of the game need to be refined and the people that operate VAR need a major overhaul. That isn't VARs fault.

As with so much in life it's a good idea ruined by stupid people.

People that don't like VAR or want to scrap it are talking about the technology and the addition of it to the game. I think all that is fine.

The laws of the game need to be refined and the people that operate VAR need a major overhaul. That isn't VARs fault.

As with so much in life it's a good idea ruined by stupid people.
That’s all part of VAR, though. The bit you’re referring to is the “V”, but it still relies on the “AR”.

I don’t actually disagree with what you’re saying as such, it’s just that you can’t separate the two elements totally.

What happened in the Leicester game the other night regarding the sending off is how VAR should work. In situations regarding fouls the ref on the pitch should make the final decision.

It's the first season and everyone is still learning. I don't know if figures exist but it is my impression that VAR has increased the number of correct decisions throughout the season.

They need to improve of course, and I hope the speed of making the decisions improves, but it's going to take a few years. Anyone who thought VAR would be perfect from the beginning isn't being realistic.

This isn't a defence of the mistakes that have been made, but things will get better.

This guy is very well informed on Man City. He will have been told this by someone inside the club. That either means that they're preparing their fans for feeling robbed or Man City have had their ban overturned.

I've been reflecting on the fight we're in for a top four finish.

We are clearly punching well above our weight being in the fight in the first place. Our budget has us finishing 9th. Whatever happens from here on in, we've overachieved.

We are also victims of the changed rules which clearly benefit the sides currently 2nd, 3rd and 5th. They can make better use of their squad than we can. They will be fresher for their matches, and so on.

In addition, we have of course directly strengthened each of the three teams around us. We gave Mahrez to Man City, Kante to Chelsea and Maguire to Man Utd. All three have been directly responsible for getting their sides points this season.

The fact that Man City gave us Iheanacho and Man Utd gave us Matty James doesn't really equate.

If we're serious about competing with these sides, we cannot give away such advantages. We have to stop selling assets to them. Finishing 5th is still exceptional.

This guy is very well informed on Man City. He will have been told this by someone inside the club. That either means that they're preparing their fans for feeling robbed or Man City have had their ban overturned.

He and many others who are Man City oriented like him were also convinced they wouldn’t get any sanctions in the first place. Let’s just wait and see what comes out and then we can judge it.

Man City fans on another forum have said they don't believe a word of it, Man City will be briefing CAS won't be leaking anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757