Premier League 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver Kay has written about the five substitute rule in The Athletic:

https://theathletic.co.uk/1916203/2...ule-ifab-liverpool-villa-grealish-dean-smith/

Interesting to note that the rule was proposed by Chelsea and supported by all but four clubs; Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Villa and West Ham.

Now the proposal is to extend the rule for the entirety of next season. It will need to be voted on by the PL clubs though so I hope that enough of them have realised that it only benefits the richest clubs and vote it down. I also hope that Leicester are smart enough to switch their vote.

Oliver Kay has written about the five substitute rule in The Athletic:

https://theathletic.co.uk/1916203/2...ule-ifab-liverpool-villa-grealish-dean-smith/

Interesting to note that the rule was proposed by Chelsea and supported by all but four clubs; Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Villa and West Ham.

Now the proposal is to extend the rule for the entirety of next season. It will need to be voted on by the PL clubs though so I hope that enough of them have realised that it only benefits the richest clubs and vote it down. I also hope that Leicester are smart enough to switch their vote.

If we get Champions League theres no way we will vote it down.

It gives us a much better opportunity to keep players happy and also rotate in games where we have the opportunity.

It’s a feckin’ shite idea. These are Premier League matches, not pissing International friendlies.

If we get Champions League theres no way we will vote it down.

It gives us a much better opportunity to keep players happy and also rotate in games where we have the opportunity.
Good point, dickhead.

Wolves lost. That’s top 5 pretty much confirmed now, especially considering our goal difference.

I want villa relegated but **** me we need them to somehow win tonight

I'm not hopeful. Would be too nice a thing to happen in the year of our lord 2020.

Maybe I'm naive but I cannot see any way Man City win this case. What they were up to was so clearly demonstrated in those emails that there is no point whatsoever in FFP if they're not severely punished.

In fact, on the evidence, I think their punishment was pretty light. If CAS find some administrative reason to overturn the ruling, it will stink.

Furthermore, I'm looking for the PL to react with further punishments once they are found guilty. It effectively means that they were cheating throughout 2012-2016 and should be stripped of anything they won over that period.

I want villa relegated but **** me we need them to somehow win tonight

I think we've already got enough points to finish fifth. Nobody below Man Utd are getting to 60 points in my opinion. If we win two of our next four, we'll finish above Chelsea. Man Utd are perfectly capable of imploding too as they've demonstrated many, many times.

My only concern really is ourselves. We're not playing very well and I think anyone can take points off of us at the moment.

Maybe I'm naive but I cannot see any way Man City win this case. What they were up to was so clearly demonstrated in those emails that there is no point whatsoever in FFP if they're not severely punished.

In fact, on the evidence, I think their punishment was pretty light. If CAS find some administrative reason to overturn the ruling, it will stink.

In fact, I'm looking for the PL to react with further punishments once they are found guilty. It effectively means that they were cheating throughout 2012-2016 and should be stripped of anything they won over that period.
You’re like the Krays you ‘hard, but fair.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758