Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dare them to ask me! I'm sure I can come up with a chant incorporating 'money grabbing ****s' to boom over the tannoy fake crowd noise.

This vomit-worthy shite sent me right from C to B to A in two minutes.

Wow! Turn up the gorgonzola.

I’m going to apply, just so they can see me sat there moaning and tutting about the hideous money-grabbing shitshow for the full 90 minutes

Seriously, I don't know what people were expecting with this unprecedented situation. It's not the PL's, LCFC's or anyone else's fault that we are where we are. This season had to be played out. If you were a Villa, B'mth or even Norwich fan you would not have accepted anything else. The fact that it has to be done behind closed doors is completely understandable. What were the options? Apply points-per-game so far? Cancel the season? The only fair way is what is happening, and while it is far from ideal, it is the best of a (very) bad deal.

I'm looking forward to Saturday, I'll take what I can get at the moment, far from ideal or not. I get all the issues that people have, but I'm yet to see someone post a really viable option that would suit all 20 clubs.

Seriously, I don't know what people were expecting with this unprecedented situation. It's not the PL's, LCFC's or anyone else's fault that we are where we are. This season had to be played out. If you were a Villa, B'mth or even Norwich fan you would not have accepted anything else. The fact that it has to be done behind closed doors is completely understandable. What were the options? Apply points-per-game so far? Cancel the season? The only fair way is what is happening, and while it is far from ideal, it is the best of a (very) bad deal.

I'm looking forward to Saturday, I'll take what I can get at the moment, far from ideal or not. I get all the issues that people have, but I'm yet to see someone post a really viable option that would suit all 20 clubs.

Wait until it's safe for fans to attend matches and then restart.

I did think that this would be a long wait but the latest evidence suggests that outdoor infections are very unlikely. I expect that fans will be back in grounds by September.

I'd have waited and then played out the current season at all levels. Then start a new season without domestic cups for a year. Simple enough.

We've rushed into doing something and it's unsatisfactory for everyone. The TV companies are taking back money. Smaller clubs have lost income forever. And fans are being royally ****ed.

This season is tainted now because different circumstances mean different results. You might just as well have run a computer simulation.

You might just as well have run a computer simulation.
We can do that now. I have FIFA 19, several iterations of Football Manager going back to before it was Football Manager, and a vague memory of the rules of Subbuteo, Excel 2016, or, if you want to get creative, Mortal Kombat XL. We could finish the season in a couple of hours.

We can do that now. I have FIFA 19, several iterations of Football Manager going back to before it was Football Manager, and a vague memory of the rules of Subbuteo, Excel 2016, or, if you want to get creative, Mortal Kombat XL. We could finish the season in a couple of hours.

The Athletic have done it. They ran 10,000 simulations and on average we finish third with 69 points.

Sounds about right. So what's the point of playing out pretend matches in person?

If you hate it so much then don’t watch and let those of us that want to enjoy it discuss it in peace

But at least moan about something we can all agree on like Maddison’s terrible beard
Why do we have to agree? It's fine to see things differently. This thread is about the return of the Premier League, where some see it in a positive light and some see it in a negative light, which is fine.

What this restart has proved to me, beyond what I'd previously thought, is how high level football is nothing without fans. We supporters massively undervalue ourselves in this mega billion pound world.

We pay to be there, to wear the tat, to be assaulted by the sponsors and advertising, to consume their awful food and drink. Outside the matchday 'experience', with our subscriptions, we pay for the TV deals, the media jobs, and the vast take the government get.

And what does all this mean when supporters are not there? It is a hollow shell without us. It is a meaningless nonsense. It is twenty two men kicking a ball about.

I truly hope that a positive outcome from this horrible charade is that fans wake up and realise our true worth. We are the people that matter. More than billionaire owners, and millionaire players and coaches. More than puffed up journalists and pundits. More than the marketing vultures and image consultants.

Over the last twenty years, I've seen the importance of supporters role in football be diminished. We have to shut up, sit down, don't complain, buy this, park here, go there. It's our ****ing game. They are our ****ing clubs.

This Norwich v Man Utd match is a perfect demonstration of the point I was making about the extra subs being an advantage to the big sides.

Unfathomably, in the FA Cup, you're even allowed a 6th sub in extra time. Man Utd can merrily change experienced international for experienced international whilst Norwich just have to make do.

It's simply ridiculous that this was voted through by the 'other 14'.

This Norwich v Man Utd match is a perfect demonstration of the point I was making about the extra subs being an advantage to the big sides.

Unfathomably, in the FA Cup, you're even allowed a 6th sub in extra time. Man Utd can merrily change experienced international for experienced international whilst Norwich just have to make do.

It's simply ridiculous that this was voted through by the 'other 14'.
Agreed, absolutely no idea what the thought process would have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757