Ratings Results & Awards vs Rotherham

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

Thanks to everybody who voted this week, we had an excellent response for an away game, 25 people voting overall.

The player that fans agreed on the most was new signing Kevin Harper, not getting lower than a 7 or higher than an 8. A very good debut from the winger.

The players that fans disagreed on the most were Nikos Dabizas (between 3 and 8) and David Connolly (between 2 and 7).

Only the 11 who started played long enough to be in contention for this week's awards, and here they are.

The 'Muzzy Izzet' Man of the Match award: Lilian Nalis - 8.16

The 'Ade Akinbiyi' Flop of the Match award: Jordan Stewart - 5.80

The 'Steve Walsh' Defender of the Match award: Martin Keown - 7.14

The 'Lenny Glover' Midfielder of the Match award: Lilian Nalis - 8.16

The 'Gary Lineker' Striker of the Match award: Dion Dublin - 6.42

The 'Alan Birchenall' Most Generous Voter award: mad biker (Talking Balls/FoxesTalk) - 7.69

The 'Andy from Long Eaton' Harshest Voter award: ajj (Talking Balls) / coxie71 (Talking Balls) / Lisa (Foxes Talk) - 5.92

I have decided to expand on 'The Lowdown' from previous ratings to give a review of the fans' view on all of the players.

Player Review vs Rotherham United (A)

1 - Lilian Nalis - 8.16
Best performance of the season so far from Lil. There were not many people who didn't vote him as the best performer in the team against Rotherham. Showed excellent passing and took his deserved goal very well.

2 - Kevin Pressman - 7.70
The big veteran keeper had to cover for the injured Walker, and did himself no harm whatsoever. Did not have an awful lot to do but he barely put a foot wrong and proved that he is "ample ;) " backup for Walker.

3 - Kevin Harper - 7.60
In impressive debut from the on loan Harper, showing attributes that any of our wingers have failed to show this season, pace, skill and good crossing ability. The fans will want to keep him should he play like this over the next few weeks.

4 - Martin Keown - 7.14
Another rock solid performance from Keown. There's been few occasions where you could have come out the ground this season and said "Keown was poor". Used his experience well again.

5 - Gareth Williams - 6.68
A much better all round performance from Gareth than he has been putting in throughout recent games. Showed good composure and passing ability and got more stuck in than he has been doing. Still room for improvement though.

6 - Chris Makin - 6.64
A pretty solid performance from Makin who has barely put a foot wrong since he's been in the team with the exception of the sending off at Millwall. Another solid performance from him.

7 - Dion Dublin - 6.42
Again, better than his recent performances and an unbelieveable 30 yard volleyed strike from nowhere. His all round play needs to improve though as a lot of voters I feel only voted that high due to his goal.

8 - David Connolly - 6.04
Its so difficult to come on and criticise Connolly as he has had his share of bad luck, but the fact still remains he has failed to score on seven games. Please score soon Connolly, the fan's do not want to dislike you.

9 - Nikos Dabizas - 5.94
A pretty shaky game alongside Keown in defence. When City were cruising, Dabizas played some very risky passes at times, one in particular to Williams which caused trouble. One voter quoted "Does he REALLY want to play for Leicester?"

10 - James Scowcroft - 5.90
This is the lowest rank that Scowy has had all season, not his worst performance though. He failed to establish himself in the game really, this was due to City actually playing it along the ground for the majority rather than constantly pumping it up to him.

11 - Jordan Stewart - 5.80
I feel that its hard on Jordan that he's got flop of the week again as his performance was much improved in the fans view. However its just the fact that everyone else played much better, it still showed him up a bit on the day. Signs of improvement though.

Sub - Jason Wilcox - 6.34
The best 20 minutes we've seen from Wilcox this season by a mile. Actually looked willing to run with the ball, went on a run from his own box to the edge of the Rotherham penalty box and actually looked quite threatening.

Sub - Tommy Wright - 6.23
To the delight of the fans, Tommy finally got a few minutes in the first team. Didn't really have time to establish himself in the game and how his performance was better than Connolly's in the fans' view is beyond me.

Please leave your comments on the players and the game.

Keown is Beautiful, Keown is Beautiful - funniest song on Saturday. I pissed mysen!

Can anyone explain to me how Tommy Wright deserved a higher average rating than Connolly? In the 10 minutes that he was on he didn't do anything better than Connolly did in the whole match, and he was only on 10 minutes.

EMC Fox said:
Joe_Fox said:
Keown is Beautiful, Keown is Beautiful - funniest song on Saturday. I pissed mysen!

That the first time you've heard that? We sang it at Derby :p

Well I didn't go to the Derby match.

Can anyone explain to me how Tommy Wright deserved a higher average rating than Connolly? In the 10 minutes that he was on he didn't do anything better than Connolly did in the whole match, and he was only on 10 minutes.

'Cos Tommy Wright is lauded by the loonies as some mythical Rooney-type figure who will be the saviour of us all, and will lead us to the Champions League

Instead of what he is - an average player, with a bit of potential, who is merely a better option than Nathan Blake (even tho' he couldn't cut the mustard at Brentford last year)

It's nice to believe in a myth, rather than the facts.

Ho tommy wright!

homer said:
You saying he's a Ho as well ?

Probably, Lazzer would pay for his services I reckon. :wink:

lazzer said:
no i wouldnt but would like to f**k you ......with a sawn off :roll:

That's Disgusting Lazzer! :lol: I thought you were a fan of Tommy Wright?

the original one yes but as for the current one potential yet to be realised and wonder if he ever will and ive seen a few of them -draper,joachim.stewart :roll:

lazzer said:
the original one yes but as for the current one potential yet to be realised and wonder if he ever will and ive seen a few of them -draper,joachim.stewart :roll:

Joachim got on the ale too much didn't he? Draper couldn't score under Little, he bangs 'em in lots for Notts County though. Stewart is just an oddity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669