Rodgers future...

City Fan

Tonight sums up my grievances with the bloke.

We’ll always be the nearly men.

FOX Franks

Yeah we weren’t far off a Carabao Cup final last season. Great stuff wasn’t it?
I meant far off calling for Brendan to be sacked. Even now both of those Villa games feel like freak results when you look at them.
We’ll get there. Not every manager wins elite competitions in season one. Ranieri was a rarity in football

Miles Away

I meant far off calling for Brendan to be sacked. Even now both of those Villa games feel like freak results when you look at them.
We’ll get there. Not every manager wins elite competitions in season one. Ranieri was a rarity in football

They don’t look quite as freak when paired with the recent knockout vintage.

That said, he’s largely done a brilliant job.

mabrah

My thinking at the moment (and admittedly it smells of consolation) is that he's showing himself capable of making astute managerial decisions. He's prioritised and allocated accordingly. Some fans may disagree with those priorities but frankly that counts for little - we all have our own opinions.

If you look at how he's managing our league campaign then I think you have to acknowledge how well he's making use of what's available to him and when.

Lako42

Yeah we weren’t far off a Carabao Cup final last season. Great stuff wasn’t it?
Apparently we had a good sniff at both competitions last season, until we actually nearly got there and he shot his pants (he always does at the final hurdle)

I'm genuinely concerned about the way he seems to get teams knocked out of competitions, even when seemingly taking them seriously.

We will not win the FA cup this season. Nailed on fact.

fitz

My thinking at the moment (and admittedly it smells of consolation) is that he's showing himself capable of making astute managerial decisions. He's prioritised and allocated accordingly. Some fans may disagree with those priorities but frankly that counts for little - we all have our own opinions.

If you look at how he's managing our league campaign then I think you have to acknowledge how well he's making use of what's available to him and when.

Yup. If the Euro was a knockout from the start I doubt we'd have got to the last 32. Injuries are still happening and we've got an excellent chance of top 4 (again). Never nice to lose games so understand peoples frustration though. I felt pretty glum when we lost in the Paint Trophy back in the day.....

City Fan

After they stitched us up with Slimani and Silva, I don’t want us to do business with Sporting Lisbon again.

They were laughing at us very much like we are at Chelsea for buying Drinkwater and Chilwell for crazy fees.

mabrah

They can sack Rogers if they like, whoever he is, lazy sod, can't be much kop if I've never heard of him. In fact, I'll start the campaign...

Sack Wogers! Wogers out!!

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Manchester City3274
2Manchester Utd3163
3Leicester3156
4West Ham Utd3255
5Chelsea3154
6Liverpool3152
7Tottenham 3250
8Everton3149
9Arsenal3145