Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

I am definitely not calling for his head at this moment in time but he is starting to show a few chinks in his armour. What are peoples thoughts? After a very promising start and many complements from the players, why the loss of form? What is going wrong?

I’m not calling for it just yet, but if they got rid of him tonight I wouldn’t be upset about it. That’s how I’m feeling at the moment.

He’s a bottler.

I’m not there yet, but if the suspected collapse happens, I think really hard questions will be asked in the summer.

And if he gets through that he’s on thin ice at the start of next season.

We seem short of options sometimes and I'm not sure if that's because we're short of options or Rodgers doesn't know how to use what we've got.

As per the other thread, he shat himself before Christmas when we got to the Man City/Liverpool games, he’s since turned us from playing exciting progressive football to desperately dull clueless shitfest football

And thus restart has been nothing short of a ****ing disaster

Twat

We seem short of options sometimes and I'm not sure if that's because we're short of options or Rodgers doesn't know how to use what we've got.
5 defensive players on the bench, 2 poor wingers and a striker as attacking options, where are the young attacking players? fair enough we can't use KDH, but where are Terell Pennant, Josh Eppiah or Tyrese Shade, players who through sheer enthusiasm may make something happen?

we don't need 2 CBs and Fuchs on the bench, I wouldn't class Hamza as a pure DM but we don't need both him and Mendy on the bench

Can anyone recall him being asked one difficult question from a journalist? He's made so many errors over the last six months without being called on them. He's now able to manage in complete isolation from fan criticism.

This is where we really miss Vichai. I reckon he'd have been on the phone before now to tell him he needs to pull his finger out. Top isn't really that man is he? Is was obvious when Rodgers was allowed to bring his mate Congerton in that he runs the football side without challenge. That wasn't a good sign and the last few months are just emphasising that something is not right.

Can anyone recall him being asked one difficult question from a journalist? He's made so many errors over the last six months without being called on them. He's now able to manage in complete isolation from fan criticism.
I made the same point in a twitter rant at any other club in our position the journalists would be raking him over hot coals over his use of the bench and especially the fact Iheanacho didn't come on today

I’m not there yet, but if the suspected collapse happens, I think really hard questions will be asked in the summer.

It is happening.

in a normal summer maybe but not this year when the summer break will be about a month

I know we mock him but they should be getting feelers out to the likes of Pochetino and others, if they want to be seen as a big club you have to act like it too, that also means not selling Chilwell or anyone else and instead buying players to join them

There is more chance of Nelson getting his eye back.
I know we mock him but they should be getting feelers out to the likes of Pochetino and others, if they want to be seen as a big club you have to act like it too, that also means not selling Chilwell or anyone else and instead buying players to join them

Not a chance we should be sacking him at all, even if we end up outside the CL spots.

He's been over performing with a squad that's young, in development and in need of some crucial signings.

I think he's looking unsure of what to do when things aren't going right, because he has very limited options outside of the first XI and 2-3 others.

With Ricardo out, we're looking even shorter on ideas.

Our wingers are very average, Tielemans has been way off his last season form, so we rely pretty much on Maddison and Chilwell to have any chance of creating anything.

Brendan is a good manager. I'm not saying he's perfect, and he's not doing the best he can right now, but we will be far better in the long run sticking by him now.

We lack strong characters, and he's also maybe not the strongest as well to help rally them across the line. But without him, we wouldn't even be in the position to 'bottle it' in the first place.

For now, I'm stuck for how to improve it. But sacking Rodgers isn't the answer.

Add some more good attacking options and 1 or 2 experienced players next season will make a big difference.

I also think the lack of fans and atmosphere won't be helping us. Vardy in particular thrives from the fans. I think for our team as a whole, with them all being quiet and largely inexperienced, they need the crowd to be the ones pulling them over the line.

Isn't being a supporter easy? Why can't owners see the blinding logic: your manager wins a couple of games - he's the saviour. Your team is going to win every bit of silverware for the next ten years.

Your manager loses a couple of games and he's every vile name under the sun: you sack him and get that manager who wins a couple of games... And repeat, ad nauseam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757