Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess he’s staying then. Ho hum.

I looked at the company accounts today. I did look at them when they were first published but when I first considered them we were comfortably in a CL spot and so I forgot about these passages. We were clearly putting some eggs in that basket. It’d be naive to think the owners weren’t disappointed with how this season panned out, or that they won’t make a change if we are in danger of not being a top half side. Big season/few months for Rodgers

4D8DCA3C-84BF-4C49-84E1-4314D656EE82.jpeg

I looked at the company accounts today. I did look at them when they were first published but when I first considered them we were comfortably in a CL spot and so I forgot about these passages. We were clearly putting some eggs in that basket. It’d be naive to think the owners weren’t disappointed with how this season panned out, or that they won’t make a change if we are in danger of not being a top half side. Big season/few months for Rodgers

View attachment 15384
Thanks SilverFox

33 points from the last 27 games. Awesome.

33 points from the last 27 games. Awesome.
Yeah but we couldn’t sack him in the summer cos’ we finished 5th... that’s a great achievement for Leicester. And we can’t sack him now cos’ we just beat Man Ciry 5-2... that’s an amazing achievement for Leicester. When the hell can we hold him accountable? I’ll wait for the pundits and media to let me know.

He’s stuck with us and we are stuck with him.

Both sides need to get comfortable with each other’s failings.

He’s probably blown his chance at a big club after last year and he’s done enough at the club to not be at risk.

Barring a catastrophic crumble (which is possible if this injury crisis deepens) the club won’t look to make a change.

BR is our second longest surviving PL manager after MON.

I agree that we're stuck with each other. We can't do better and he can't either.

He's the Kasper Schmeichel of managers.

Possibly our five best players out injured yesterday, assuming Maddison wasn’t fully fit.

Most teams of our size would also struggle without the spine of their side. Careful what you wish for, with a full strength side BR has more then proven he’s a top manager.

Yes, but isn't it a managers job to manage his squad?

BR had an excellent first 10 months in charge but his last 10 months have been no better in terms of results and performances than we were under Puel.

I agree that he's had some bad luck with injuries but he's also a manager that generates injuries in his squad with his training style.

It is also a key point that BR is the third highest paid manager in the PL - only Guardiola and Mourinho are on more money. So shouldn't we have the right to expect him to be doing better with his squad than he is?

I think serious questions need to be asked of our fitness team. We were embarrassingly unprepared for the restart, and now we are picking up a lot of serious injuries.

Too often he's overly cautious. Bringing on Choudhury last night was a prime example - and it doesn't work.

I also struggle to think of the players that BR has improved in his time with the club. Yes Vardy has changed his game a bit (although I think BR is quick to take too much credit for this) and Harvey Barnes has started to come through (although you would have expected him to do so as he got more game time), but I wouldn't say our backroom team have worked with a player to really develop their game - as Pearson's team did with Vardy and with Marhez. In fact I would say that some of our team seem to have gone backwards - particularly Maddison.

The firing of Dave Rennie still nags away at me too. Here's a guy who could work with the worst of them, but BR seems to be the one to break it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263