Rotherhams ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

coxie71

What a shithole! The only ground I've ever been to with a dismantled train engine behind it.
I bet that alleyway behind the away end was lovely in days of football hooliganism aswell, there is no escape!

I agree! I love it there! The constant smell of engine oil, the car graveyard and the rusty turnstiles. It's pre fat cat footie. We had some great banter with the Millers pre match in a mixed fan pub...now that's something you can't do at big wigs West Ham and Leeds... :roll:

I enjoyed the entertainment from the "empty stand" when they kept ejecting people...as there were only a dozen or so in there I can only think they are hired to keep the stewards busy!

Vixen said:
I agree! I love it there! The constant smell of engine oil, the car graveyard and the rusty turnstiles. It's pre fat cat footie. We had some great banter with the Millers pre match in a mixed fan pub...now that's something you can't do at big wigs West Ham and Leeds... :roll:

I enjoyed the entertainment from the "empty stand" when they kept ejecting people...as there were only a dozen or so in there I can only think they are hired to keep the stewards busy!

I especially enjoyed the "you fat bastard" chanting to the idiot at the front, even made my kid laugh.

coxie71 said:
Vixen said:

I especially enjoyed the "you fat bastard" chanting to the idiot at the front, even made my kid laugh.

What about the 'If u've got a shit shirt, cross your arms.'

rotherhamfox said:
coxie71 said:
Vixen said:

What about the 'If u've got a shit shirt, cross your arms.'

haha didnt hear that one!

Was a bit worried aboout "we've got one dugout bigger than your ground"though...it was ringing around when they looked more likely to score!

Bring on a midweek trip to Gillingham...and back.... :roll:

The chanting to their mascot thing was funny too.

bit of a culture shock to my boys who had only been to the Walkers before this match. However given that they saw leicester score for the first time since the pompey match last season, and a win they were happy in the end.

Big respect and thanks to the two guys who swopped seats with my youngest two(twins) so they could see. :lol: :lol:

Also big thanks to the two guys who sat next to my twins for picking them up every time Leicester attached our end and fans stood up. :wink:

The contrast between Saturday's match and the last away game I went to was incredible.

The last away game I went to was Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669