Should Adams be sacked?

Should Micky Adams be sacked?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

After today's game it seems that there is no left supporting Micky Adams, so let's see..

Yes the time has surely come to get rid. I am sick to death of being in the lead and not being able to relax until the whistle has gone. We should be able to hang on to a lead once in a while.
Neil Warnock (Wanker) said to his Sheff utd team at half time "If we get one these will collapse" this is not a good reputation to have.
We need a manager who scares the shit out of the players we've got. We have got some quality players they just need scaring a bit!

anyone have clive woodward's number?

I think for Micky's own sake he should leave, but he's a stubbon bugger (as we've seen with him keep picking Blake) so he'll have to be sacked

how in the hell can anyone vote no to the above question...

for those who did, can one of you pleas give me one, at least half decent reason as to why Adams should spend even one more day in charge of our club...

highland fox said:
I honestly don't think we have got many 'quality' players.

It's ironic really. Had we won this away game (and from 2-0 ahead we should have done) many would have felt we were in a quietly challenging position just below the leading pack.

But we didn't and for the same reason that cost us survival last season and has already cost us this time... tactical failure from a winning position.

It's the reason though no excuse that Connolly's sending off cost us the game.

The lasting problem is that Adams seems to work out no contingency plans in advance... what he'll do in the event of a forward/defender/midfielder/goalkeeper being sent off; what to do if we're winning with 15/30 minutes left, what to do if the opposition wind us up, play an extra man up front etc. etc.

Things happen in all competitive sports which are unexpected and need the right reaction. Martin O'Neil was the master of reactive decisions. Sadly it is Adams' major weakness.

The other thing O'Neil inspired was a collective team spirit and Connolly's dismissal alongside the previous dismissals doesn't speak of "team" it smacks of someone being indifferent to leaving his colleagues to cope alone.

I mention this because you have to consider: Can Adams quickly develop some tactical acumen? And, can Adams foster genuine all-for-one, one-for-all team spirit?.

On the second issue I think it possible but on the first issue its unlikely. Consequently, on balance, we need a more clever and probably more forceful leader. In this situation I'd probably give Martin Keown first refusal but the man I'd most like in place is Mike Newell.

Both could do well but whether either would say "yes" is another matter.

Despite the above I still believe a play-off place is possible. It's just that I don't believe, even if we got it, Adams is the long term answer to City becoming a club which develops and uses its own young players and which plays with a bit of style like West Ham or Portsmouth for instance.

That's only opinion, of course, and I still hope he proves me wrong if he gets the chance.

should adams be sacked

I am sick of the way adams team plays.Complete and utter rubbish.with the passing of cloughie this week,adams could do worse than watch the way is team played.Great football and great discipline.being an ex season ticket holder for many years,i would be loathed to part company with hard earned cash to watch this dross.His management skills are poor.why buy a player (connelly)from a team who likes to play football and then ask him to chase long balls.Might as well keep dublin up front and leave connelly out .The recent games against watford and brighton were amongst the worst i can remember .We are going backwards how much more time can we give him,in my opinion its thanks but no thanks micky :x :x :x :x

I do like your posts Tony, excellent and again I agree... I would like Newell in charge I think, I really think it's time for a change, things are not progressing at all, far from it in fact.

I keep changing my mind about Adams, a part of me thinks he should go but another thinks we should stick by him but I feel that Micky Adams has the next 5 games to save his job. If we can't beat Gillingham away, who are on a bad run, and Preston at home, who can't win away, he will either quit or be sacked and we'll have the international break to look for a new manager. But if we do win both of those and other results go our way, we could find our selves in the top 8 and things looking better before 3 huge games against Coventry, Ipswich and Stoke, which will really determin our season.

I agree to a point, to be honest I have made a huge u-turn on the Adams debate - I will be at Gillingham on Tuesday, and if we lose that, then I can't see how he will carry on.

I'm thinking more and more that potentially the rotten apples at the club may well be Cork and Bassett...perhaps they should piss off first? Long ball tossers that they are.

I agree with Alex,Cork is a big part of the problem.If I remember rightly he wasn't MA's first choice wasn't that Booker or someone?

your all right of course...was hoping for improvement....tried to keep faith with micky ....but its not happening is it? ...........time for a change!!!!! :(

alex said:
I do like your posts Tony, excellent and again I agree... I would like Newell in charge I think, I really think it's time for a change, things are not progressing at all, far from it in fact.

I think MN would be a good choise, maybe bring in Steve Walsh or Claridge in support.

If MA stays I will stick to watching the Tigers.

What is going to change if Micky stays - nothing, we looked like we had turned a corner after beating Rotherham and Sheffield Utd but then we take 1 point off Burnley and QPR, we are too inconsistent and we never look comfortable.

Even if we beat Gillingham on Tuesday is anyone confident that we will then go on a decent run.

What concerns me is that if we give MA another 10 matches we could blow all hope for this season and that may make it difficult to attract a decent enough replacement.

As for Alan Cork, yes he is a long ball merchant but who is the manager come on if Micky didnt like what he was doing on the training ground he would sack him surely...... and they were together at Fulham so he knows what he is like. We have to face facts Micky is just like DB and AC they are all hoofball disciples.

Keep the Faith said:
What is going to change if Micky stays - nothing, we looked like we had turned a corner after beating Rotherham and Sheffield Utd but then we take 1 point off Burnley and QPR, we are too inconsistent and we never look comfortable.

Even if we beat Gillingham on Tuesday is anyone confident that we will then go on a decent run.

What concerns me is that if we give MA another 10 matches we could blow all hope for this season and that may make it difficult to attract a decent enough replacement.

As for Alan Cork, yes he is a long ball merchant but who is the manager come on if Micky didnt like what he was doing on the training ground he would sack him surely...... and they were together at Fulham so he knows what he is like. We have to face facts Micky is just like DB and AC they are all hoofball disciples.

I agree with some of the things that you are saying, but i think that Micky does have the ability to play his team in a skillfull way instead of just hoofing the ball up. I bet u if we let him go, he will become a brilliant manager elsewhere. But i agree when u said that Corky was a hoofer. If we do give MA another ten games in charge then we could blow the season totally as u know.

To say we cannot gain automaic promotion anymore is a bit premature.Playing the way we are now we can't and thats why decisions need to be made now.No team is going to 'walk' this League and while it is no longer 'early days' it is far from too late,we are only 9 points off the top!.Maybe there is no place for optimism this weekend but we've got to try and look ahead with or without Adams.

The board will not sack Adams. In his previous 2 seasons he has earned the right to a decent run of games before being relieved of his duties. I am convinced he can turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757