Should large release clauses be in for a Manager ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you can read that in to what he said is unfathomable, beyond understanding.

There are only two options I can see why Rodgers has addressed the comments he made yesterday and very clearly amended them in the way he has today. Remember that his comments yesterday were made several times and he was incredibly careful with the words he used/didn't use.

1. He's discovered that his prick tease act towards Arsenal hasn't worked and they don't want him - this is quite likely given the evidence that has leaked from Arsenal today that they are not prepared to pay large compensation to get a manager.

2. He's embarrassed himself with his prick tease act and has been told in no uncertain terms to make it clear that he isn't looking for the first opportunity to get out of the club. If so, well played whoever had a word with him.

I’ve heard his interview in full, rather than just read what was said, and I make it :

3. He’s just being honest (as he was when asked about the stupid question about the release clause)

They’ll spend £77m on Pepe but won’t spend £14m on a manager? The world is mad.

I’ve heard his interview in full, rather than just read what was said, and I make it :

3. He’s just being honest (as he was when asked about the stupid question about the release clause)
Reporter: Brendan do you have a realse clause in your contract?

BR: Most manager do ...

Brown Nose: Brendan wants to leave PANIC!!!!
They’ll spend £77m on Pepe but won’t spend £14m on a manager? The world is mad.
some reports suggest they will still be paying for Pepe for years due to how they structured that deal a release clause has to be paid in full upfront

some reports suggest they will still be paying for Pepe for years due to how they structured that deal a release clause has to be paid in full upfront
T

Citation for this please :017:

Just heard the man himself on the radio:

"Why would I want to leave Leicester?"

He then went on a bit about young playees, potential and how well we are doing and finished:

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm happy here".

Nothing more needs to be said.

Do you accept that he said one thing yesterday very deliberately and several times to multiple media and he's said something completely different today?

If not, there's no point discussing further. If so, do you just think he made a mistake yesterday then?

ah ok, Arsenal do have a lot of cash but Kronke doesn't spend on any of his sports teams he owns
Apart from the $1.6billion that he’s put towards the financing of the Rams’ new stadium in the LA area.....

I don’t think BN has got anything wrong here, per se. Rodgers did give a couple of “interesting” answers in the Sky Sports interview yesterday. You could easily have read things into his responses and people could take them either way, as they were a bit guarded, in that particular interview. He’s been much firmer today on the denials about the chance of him leaving, so hopefully that’s cleared things up a bit (for now at least).

Do you accept that he said one thing yesterday very deliberately and several times to multiple media and he's said something completely different today?

If not, there's no point discussing further. If so, do you just think he made a mistake yesterday then?

He answered yesterday like every manager does in these circumstances

He's now sick to death of being asked about it every five minutes by bell end reporters so is making it even more bleeding obvious that only a stark staring nutcase would swap this job for the shitfest at Arsenal (without being rude)

There is no conspiracy here - quite why the bed wetters thought he would think about it for even a millisecond shall remain a mystery

Has he been spotted in Morrisons wearing an Arsenal shirt yet?

No and No. He has never had the slightest intention of going anywhere. One day he will leave and it will be to a much bigger club than Arsenal.

Talk Spurs were saying West Ham wanted him in October and it would be a move he would want with them being a bigger club etc etc.......... Lazy Journos IMO Arsenal can not match us in the transfer market the summer proved that, I am just happy BR is saying he wants to stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363