Should large release clauses be in for a Manager ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read somewhere that Arsenal hierachy decided during their Europa Cup humilation that more money would be made available. Son of one of the owners and the DOF I think.

True or not I don't believe he's going anywhere soon.

Comment on being a top six side: In recent years the perception of the 'top six' is it has been a fixture by FA law and entrenched referee favouritism ( bar Our year). If you look at the table from about twenty years ago when Man City were in Division 2 (old Div Three)

1998-99 Top six in order: ManUtd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, West Ham, Aston Villa. Only one of those is currently in the top six this season and since then Leeds, WH, AV and City have been up and down the leagues (BTW, L’pool 7th, little old Leicester finished 10th, Spurs 11th.)

Could this be a season for a big shakeup? Things have to change (like LCFC, Sheff Utd, Wolves making top six - and Brendan ignoring Arsenal) or you might as well watch the Scottish football

This "Big Six" stuff is a load of bollocks. Less than ten years ago it was the "Big Four, " meaning Man. Utd., Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, which was a joke as Liverpool had never won the Premier League and at the time didn't look capable of doing it. The oil money arrived and Man City suddenly got elevated to be one of the "Big Four" at the expense of Liverpool.

A few of years later Pochettino gets Tottenham regular Champions League football and Klopp builds a team that could end the scousers drought and it suddenly becomes the "Big Six" completely forgetting that both Arsenal and Man. Utd. have been in disarray for more than a couple of years. There are other teams knocking on the door of a top four finish now and unless three of the "Big Six" get themselves sorted out quickly they will be fighting for Europa League spots only. It's made up media crap.

Someone on Talkspurs referred to the ‘big 7’ today - then mentioned that it now included Leicester

Made me chuckle

Premier League manager salaries per season
The top 10 according to Sport Bible.
Pep Guardiola - Manchester City - £20m
Mauricio Pochettino - Tottenham - £8.5m
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Manchester United - £7.5m
Jurgen Klopp - Liverpool - £7.5m
Manuel Pellegrini - West Ham - £7m
Ralph Hasenhuttl - Southampton - £6m
Unai Emery - Arsenal - £6m
Frank Lampard - Chelsea - £5m
Brendan Rodgers - Leicester - £5m
Eddie Howe - Bournemouth - £4m

(Article dated July)

Definitely room for a pay rise.

Someone on Talkspurs referred to the ‘big 7’ today - then mentioned that it now included Leicester

Made me chuckle
They were talking an hour or so ago on there about Zaha and suggesting we should be signing him. “Holding him against his will” was mentioned! What a load of shite.

They were talking an hour or so ago on there about Zaha and suggesting we should be signing him. “Holding him against his will” was mentioned! What a load of shite.

Zaha is a terrific player but he's 27 now and his stats are terrible. His goals per game is 0.14 which is shocking for a player with a free attacking role.

He's got an ego the size of a palace but is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. I'd rather play Barnes.

Premier League manager salaries per season
The top 10 according to Sport Bible.
Pep Guardiola - Manchester City - £20m
Mauricio Pochettino - Tottenham - £8.5m
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Manchester United - £7.5m
Jurgen Klopp - Liverpool - £7.5m
Manuel Pellegrini - West Ham - £7m
Ralph Hasenhuttl - Southampton - £6m
Unai Emery - Arsenal - £6m
Frank Lampard - Chelsea - £5m
Brendan Rodgers - Leicester - £5m
Eddie Howe - Bournemouth - £4m

(Article dated July)

Definitely room for a pay rise.

Interesting that he's maybe not far behind what he could be on at Arsenal if Emery was on £6m.. maybe we can compete with them on that aspect after all.... the press seem pretty determined to try and manufacture some sort of move reading all the tripe in the press and from mongs like Chris Sutton and Richard Keys.

Zaha is a terrific player but he's 27 now and his stats are terrible. His goals per game is 0.14 which is shocking for a player with a free attacking role.

He's got an ego the size of a palace but is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. I'd rather play Barnes.
The player is quite like us to sign is Harry Wilson.

Zaha flatters to deceive. He's too slow and doesn't track back. Nowhere near got what it takes to get into our team.

Zaha flatters to deceive. He's too slow and doesn't track back. Nowhere near got what it takes to get into our team.
His willingness to track back has improved from what I have seen recently, it's his refusal to pass when he is anywhere near the area that is annoying. He gets crowded out, but still refuses to play in his team mates.

No thanks.

I have liked Antonio at West Ham for quite a while, always works hard, is a fast and powerful runner, and gets into the box. Would be much more useful than Saha.

Why didn't we stick with Claude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758