Sol Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much so, whenever any England player gets racially abused there is outrage, this is just the same yet gets nothing like the same reaction. I'm glad Pompey are doing something about it, but what's the reckoning the FA bottle it and do nothing?

Very much so, whenever any England player gets racially abused there is outrage, this is just the same yet gets nothing like the same reaction. I'm glad Pompey are doing something about it, but what's the reckoning the FA bottle it and do nothing?[/quote]

I would think rather high as they never do anything

If the police are involved i wouldnt be surprised if theres a few dawn raids in the months to follow.
I hope those that done it, are not sleeping quite so easily tonight.

If the police are involved i wouldnt be surprised if theres a few dawn raids in the months to follow.
I hope those that done it, are not sleeping quite so easily tonight.

to be honest I can't see them putting too much effort into what is simply name calling, would be nice if they did though

to be honest I can't see them putting too much effort into what is simply name calling, would be nice if they did though

Not so sure, its a perfect opportunity for the authorities to prove how much they are against racism. And thats without dealing with the nasty nature of the homophobic stuff. I really do hope Sol Campbell gets some justice from this, because imo they have crossed the line. Abusing him for being a footballing traitor is one thing, and acceptable if its within the bounds of being just football related. But this is something else that should have no part in the game.

Not so sure, its a perfect opportunity for the authorities to prove how much they are against racism. And thats without dealing with the nasty nature of the homophobic stuff. I really do hope Sol Campbell gets some justice from this, because imo they have crossed the line. Abusing him for being a footballing traitor is one thing, and acceptable if its within the bounds of being just football related. But this is something else that should have no part in the game.

it is easy enough (from my knowledge on what was said) to deny that any chanting was meant in the manner of the above I would think

it is easy enough (from my knowledge on what was said) to deny that any chanting was meant in the manner of the above I would think

Well if they said what they said, then imo it would be something that the accused would need to prove. Just to say you didnt mean it in a certain manner is not good enough imo. If you dont mean something, dont say it:102:

Well if they said what they said, then imo it would be something that the accused would need to prove. Just to say you didnt mean it in a certain manner is not good enough imo. If you dont mean something, dont say it:102:

I may not have heard the full story but the chants I have read could be easily argued as being neither homophobic or racist...and if argued then fair enough, it isn't enough to accuse people of such things unless there is fair enough evidence that they were meant in that context

Sol, Sol wherever you may be
You're on the verge of lunacy
And we won't give a **** when you're haging from a tree
You Judas **** with HIV

He’s big
He’s black
He takes it up the crack
Sol Campbell, Sol Campbell

What exactly will they be arrested for, being horrible.

I gotta say I think this is a joke. How far are we going to take this? Are the FA going to go back and retrospectively charge any fan who ever make an donkey chant to Tony Adams or those who made comments about Beckham's wife.

Sol Campbell is a big boy (insert lame joke here) earning big money. If the worst thing that could happen to you is a few harmful chants being sung whilst you are out on a football pitch earning tens of thousands of pounds then your life really isn't all that bad, is it? Things could be a lot worse. In the Tottenham fans eyes Campbell didi the dirty on them and they have a right to vocalise their anger towards him. As long as it stays within the stadium and does not get physical then I don't see any problem.

Last edited:
I agree with you London, this is absolutely pathetic, an absolute waste of police time and tax payers money.

I have witnessed worse than this myself, this is football, if you don't want nasty ickle words said about you then don't play it and never leave your current club for their biggest rivals.

Complete joke.

I agree with you London, this is absolutely pathetic, an absolute waste of police time and tax payers money.

I have witnessed worse than this myself, this is football, if you don't want nasty ickle words said about you then don't play it and never leave your current club for their biggest rivals.

Complete joke.

poof

*awaits court summons*

surely he only has grounds if the chants are untrue?
I'm not sure the big, bendy nutter has a leg to stand on.....allegedly....

I gotta say I think this is a joke. How far are we going to take this? Are the FA going to go back and retrospectively charge any fan who ever make an donkey chant to Tony Adams or those who made comments about Beckham's wife.

Sol Campbell is a big boy (insert lame joke here) earning big money. If the worst thing that could happen to you is a few harmful chants being sung whilst you are out on a football pitch earning tens of thousands of pounds then your life really isn't all that bad, is it? Things could be a lot worse. In the Tottenham fans eyes Campbell didi the dirty on them and they have a right to vocalise their anger towards him. As long as it stays within the stadium and does not get physical then I don't see any problem.

Bollocks IMO, it doesn't matter how much you are on or what your job, nobody should be subject to racial, homophobic or otherwise abuse.

I fail to see how what these fans are doing is any different to what Jonathan Woodgate did when he beat up the asian kid, if this was one or two people verbally abusing him in the street people would be saying it was out of order, but because 2000 are doing it within the confines of a football stadium apparantly it suddenly becomes OK?

Why is mental abuse any less "bad" than physical? If I mentally abuse my partner, reduce her confidence and generally treat her like shit mentally, does that make me better than a guy who beats his partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263