Pre Match Southampton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
First away game I’m missing so far this season. Away at Southampton on a Friday night FFS.

Two changes for me. Fuchs or Justin in for Chilwell (which won't happen) and Gray in for Barnes (which probably will happen). Gray was excellent when he came on and I know we have seen that before but he did add another dimension to our attack.

Two changes for me. Fuchs or Justin in for Chilwell (which won't happen) and Gray in for Barnes (which probably will happen). Gray was excellent when he came on and I know we have seen that before but he did add another dimension to our attack.
Leave Perez in, Gray needs 2 or 3 more good sub games first

I'm not sure on Gray.

He came on and did what you'd expect.

There was one point late on where a high ball came into him and instead of ensuring he just controlled or got rid, he tried showboating and was more bothered about looking good.... He lost the ball

Still not intelligent enough for this level

Shilton, Rodrigues, Bell, Nish, Sjoberg, Norman, Roberts, Sinclair, Tewley, Stringfellow, Gibson

October 1967?

And to quote the scorer of the fifth goal:
"I kicked the ball down the middle and I lost sight of it. I saw big Mike Stringfellow chasing it and I thought that it was him who had scored. I thought I’d just done a big kick. In the dressing room the lads were saying I’d scored. I thought they were taking the mickey. We had to catch a train back to Leicester at about 5 o’clock and it wasn’t until I saw it on the black and white news when I got home that I knew I’d scored."

October 1967?

And to quote the scorer of the fifth goal:
"I kicked the ball down the middle and I lost sight of it. I saw big Mike Stringfellow chasing it and I thought that it was him who had scored. I thought I’d just done a big kick. In the dressing room the lads were saying I’d scored. I thought they were taking the mickey. We had to catch a train back to Leicester at about 5 o’clock and it wasn’t until I saw it on the black and white news when I got home that I knew I’d scored."
Was that the fifth?

We should beat them.

But I reckon they'll be tough to break down at home and hit us on the counter.
We'll lose 2-0. Hope I'm wrong.

Yep, that’s the one. OF&F might confirm the order. Don’t know where mine is though.
From lcfc.com:
Peter Shilton scored the only goal in his 1,249 games for club and country against Southampton. With the Foxes already 4-1 up, Shilton sent a long punt up field, but did not even know he had scored due to it being a misty winter’s day.

From lcfc.com:
Peter Shilton scored the only goal in his 1,249 games for club and country against Southampton. With the Foxes already 4-1 up, Shilton sent a long punt up field, but did not even know he had scored due to it being a misty winter’s day.
In October?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366