Speculation SSL To Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I definitely agree with what you are saying, just never seems to be as simple as signing a better player as we seem to do something to them all that just makes them shit! :icon_lol:

EDIT - Didn't really make the first post that clear, top line was aimed at you but the rest was general comment on the topic.

Last edited:
Talk of St Ledger, Beckford and Gallagher leaving does not really bother me in then slightest. I suspect they are all on high wages and I don't think we have ever got anything of note out of them on a consistent basis. Obviously replacements would be required in defence and perhaps another striker. I hope Mr Pearson has something special up his sleeve.

Agreed. Gally and St Ledger are both substandard. I'd rather have the young lad Moore in ahead of Sledger. I think we can make use for Beckford in the squad but you'd think he will be one of the highest earners and has not exactly set the world alight - so while I think he is a decent player at this level we wouldn't really miss him..

We are truly blessed with strikers is Beckford goes, what with Schlupp and Waghorn both waiting to bang them in. You're right, wouldn't miss a proven goal scorer at all.

We are truly blessed with strikers is Beckford goes, what with Schlupp and Waghorn both waiting to bang them in. You're right, wouldn't miss a proven goal scorer at all.

For his huge wage packet I think we should get a fair bit more.

I would be quite happy for us to lower the wage bill this season and build a young hungry side that has room for development.

For me there is no doubt that Beckford, Gallagher and St Ledger are solid players at this level but and the big but is do they represent value for money given the excellent and possibly excessive wages they are paid, I dont think any of these and a good few others for that matter have justified the expediture. There is better value out there and i am sure Pearson and the owners recognise this.

There is hardly the premierships finest beating a door down to sign any of these...enough said in my book!!!!!!

I would be quite happy for us to lower the wage bill this season and build a young hungry side that has room for development.

Fecking hilarious, look around you dear boy, do you see too many of these ****wit Leicester fans having the patience for that.

How much should he be paid?

I'd be happy to build a squad and have said as much, but I would wager 90% of the fans wouldn't accept it and would hound Pearson out before the season was over if we looked like not getting promoted.

We've got Nugent, Vardy and Futacs as well. So we've got plenty of back up. None of them are really any better than Beckford but are they any worse? Not really. Forgetting past performances for other teams, what he has done for Leicester suggests we wouldn't miss him much at all.

Like I say, personally I think we still have a use for him. He earns alot sure but he has a touch of class that not many in our team have.. probably not many in the whole league. But I wouldn't lose sleep over it if we got rid..

Sensible move, this

Because our defence is absolutely shit hot, isn't it, with lots of top-notch back up too

Last edited:
The big man is planning to come out of retirement and lead the back four like he did at 'Boro and Wednesday.

Obvious, innit?

Last edited:

Like Levien did?

Fecking hilarious, look around you dear boy, do you see too many of these ****wit Leicester fans having the patience for that.

You can add the owners to that list. There is no way that they will sign up to developing a young team over an extended period. In fact it couldn't work anyway. If the kids started to show real promise they would be taken from us by Premier League clubs.

The way forward is for the manager to get value out of his players - that should be good enough to get near the top of the table. To-date all we get is under- performance and total inconsistency. SSL and Beckford should be OK and do well in the Championship. Gallagher on the otherhand isn't likely to do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669