Swear Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The swear word filter is currently turned on for everyone.

There's an add-on I can buy that will disable it for logged in members, but it will be for all logged in members, you can't choose to disable it like you could on the previous version.

Would any of you ****s object to this?

My main concern is that people accessing the site via a firewall might find it's blocked if there are naughty words. Then you might have to do some work instead.

Like it, but whatever is best for the site. How much is the add-on? Do you still have enough from donations for it?

Personally don't have an issue with swearing or accessing the new site. Seems odd that the new tech has less features - that's progress ha ha!

I vote to do it.

****s ****s ****s

My main concern is that people accessing the site via a firewall might find it's blocked if there are naughty words. Then you might have to do some work instead.

For that reason alone I would suggest that you don't install it. It might be that a selective filter-remover is offered in the near future. Neither the use nor the reading of obscenities is essential.

For that reason alone I would suggest that you don't install it.

The reason I asked the question is to see if anyone accesses the site via a firewall that does that. I don't know how common it is, so I don't know how many people, if any, will be affected.

I do know that this site is completely blocked by some firewalls. Morrisons wifi is one that blocks it. ****s.

Is there any way we can have swearing back? I miss it.

**** Yes.

We now have the ability to disable the swear filter.

Or, to be more accurate, you now have the ability to enable the swear filter, as it's currently turned off for all logged in users.

So if you want to see the site without some of the naughtier words, go to https://talkingballs.uk/account/preferences and tick the box that says 'Enable censoring of users' messages'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363