Talkingballs FC v FoxesTalk Match Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me to say on any donation as i wasnt involved, but like you i have great admiration for the RNLI. There are many good and worthy charities, but not many where they literally they put their lives on the line for other people, and they do it for the honour and without money ever coming into it. I have read the book about the 1981 Penlee lifeboat disaster, and its a heart rendering story about people who the over used word 'heroes' could aptly apply.
I get very emotional when I go back to the Lifeboat centre where I was rescued. I have even cried on occasion.

I still have people coming up to me in the street and asking how I am. When I ask who they are they tell me they were involved in the rescue. These people genuinely care, I have never experienced anything like it.

Without them I'd be dead, I thank them everytime, and they always reply with; "You don't need to thank us, we're just happy you're safe".

Wonderful, wonderful people.

who took your penalties? just watching the youtube video and wanting to put names to faces. btw i've played on the pitch you were all on

who took your penalties? just watching the youtube video and wanting to put names to faces. btw i've played on the pitch you were all on
You'll recognise me taking mine.

You may have seen me in such films as Fight Club, A River Runs Through It, Kalifornia, True Romance, Mr & Mrs Smith, Se7en and Meet Joe Black.

1) Daz, don't think he posts on here
2) Ch4mbo
3) Nicky (Nathans bro)
4) Me
5) Big Kev (non poster)
6) Chris
7) Jon
8) Nathan

You've missed one out, the last three you've named took penalties 7,8 & 9

I could've wore i was 8th as there were three players left to take one after me.

1) Daz, don't think he posts on here
2) Ch4mbo
3) Nicky (Nathans bro)
4) Me
5) Big Kev (non poster)
6) Stoneparkfoxs
7) Melts
8) Jon
9) Nathan

Seems to work out. i think stoneparkfoxs and big kev were on the bench at the final whistle. that explains it.

Bottlers:

1) PDS
2) Hazz
3) Leroy

Lboro fox didn’t take one either.

TBH, Nathan. I think those guys did want to take a penalty, they just never got the opportunity :icon_wink

to quote a famous manager:

"all i ask of my players is that they hit the target. get it between the posts and i'll be happy."

to quote a famous manager:

"all i ask of my players is that they hit the target. get it between the posts and i'll be happy."

:icon_lol:

Yeh and one of them couldn’t even manage that and in future it will be, “ just get it between the white things and I will be happy, as long as you put some welly behind and don’t hit it with the limpest ankle since Mr Humphries waltzed across the shop floor.”

Yeh and one of them couldn’t even manage that and in future it will be, “ just get it between the white things and I will be happy, as long as you put some welly behind and don’t hit it with the limpest ankle since Mr Humphries waltzed across the shop floor.”

:icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265