Temp Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

just found these and was going through them clearing out old files! freed loads of space now!

However i have noticed there are some photos on there that are in my picture aswell - if i delete them from the temp files will they be deleted from 'my pictures' as well?

There is also loads of odd looking files there - the look greyed out can i delete them too without messing up the system?

I would be careful, might be better to tools > options >privacy >clear now in Firefox or tools>options>something similar in IE as this only deletes you internet and file download temp files, nothing system related.

you could use windows disk cleanup utility, will clear most rubbish

start > programs > accesories > system tools

Give this program a try Scarb Ccleaner (crap cleaner) it's a great app and will clear out any junk that is on your PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be careful, might be better to tools > options >privacy >clear now in Firefox or tools>options>something similar in IE as this only deletes you internet and file download temp files, nothing system related.

you could use windows disk cleanup utility, will clear most rubbish

start > programs > accesories > system tools

done both of these!

cheers!

on a similar note i notice i have Netscape! however it isnt on Add/Remove programs so i cant get rid of it! is there another way of deleting it?

You could just delete it from your program files folder, My Computer> C > Program files. Then run Ccleaner, link posted above. Ccleaner should pick up the redundant registry entries for it & remove them.

Or, thinking about it, if you find the Netscape folder in your program files folder there may be an uninstaller file in there.
Also check Start Menu> All Programs > Netscape there might be a link to an uninstaller listed there.

The other possibility is to download & install Netscape again this would leave an entry in your add/remove programs list for you to uninstall. This would only work though if it is exactly the same version as the one that you have installed and even then it isn't guarunteed to work.
So forget the last suggestion. :icon_wink

Give this program a try Scarb Ccleaner (crap cleaner) it's a great app and will clear out any junk that is on your PC.

done this cheers mate

You could just delete it from your program files folder, My Computer> C > Program files. Then run Ccleaner, link posted above. Ccleaner should pick up the redundant registry entries for it & remove them.

Or, thinking about it, if you find the Netscape folder in your program files folder there may be an uninstaller file in there.
Also check Start Menu> All Programs > Netscape there might be a link to an uninstaller listed there.

The other possibility is to download & install Netscape again this would leave an entry in your add/remove programs list for you to uninstall. This would only work though if it is exactly the same version as the one that you have installed and even then it isn't guarunteed to work.
So forget the last suggestion. :icon_wink

think ive got rid of it now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleting you web browser - getting shot of temp files - deleting images?

You expecting the police round sometime soon? :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670