The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

The lad who scored the hat trick against Spuds last night. They basically stood and watched him score all three but he sure can twat a football.

The lad who scored the hat trick against Spuds last night. They basically stood and watched him score all three but he sure can twat a football.
Must watch those goals on YT or wherever. I do love to see a good welly, sod the tikka-takka stuff (or whatever it's called), just thwack it in.

I remember some Brazilian scoring from a free kick in, I think, the 82 world cup.... fek me, everyone knew what was going to happen (telegraphed? He took out a full page ad) but stopping it was another matter.

Edit: I think it was Eder against Argentina. He didn't actually score with it, the 'keeper got a touch that must have darn near broken his hand! - but it was one helluva welly.

Last edited:
Looked a player, didn’t he?
That first goal.... oh baby what a lovely strike. A bit like the one Mahrez scored against Spurs just after we appointed Mr Intensitee.

Must watch those goals on YT or wherever. I do love to see a good welly, sod the tikka-takka stuff (or whatever it's called), just thwack it in.

I remember some Brazilian scoring from a free kick in, I think, the 82 world cup.... fek me, everyone knew what was going to happen (telegraphed? He took out a full page ad) but stopping it was another matter.

Edit: I think it was Eder against Argentina. He didn't actually score with it, the 'keeper got a touch that must have darn near broken his hand! - but it was one helluva welly.
He sure could thwack it!

Tony Yeboah was one that could twat it. I remember one he got against Wimbledon, cripes I reckon he near uprooted the goal posts with it.

Tony Yeboah was one that could twat it. I remember one he got against Wimbledon, cripes I reckon he near uprooted the goal posts with it.
Twat....thwack....make your mind up. Or classify the terms.

Is a twatted goal superior to one that uses insane technicality and control of the ball?
Just different (says he in politically correct mode) For me, they're refreshing I suppose. After all that pissing about with passing about back, forward , side-to-side etc etc etc, just for someone to step up and simply twat/thwack/thump it, I dunno, it just makes the pissing about look like a waste of time.

I reckon Fuchs gets that.

Edit: that all said, last week v SheffU; Perez, Vardy, Nacho - a goal of simple beauty. No twatting to be seen.

Last edited:
Now we're getting into a whole new category; the twat percentage. There simply has to be a stat for it next season.

And everyone is now thinking of this.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463