The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

Kenedy is playing well for Granada, he could be good to solve our right wing problem. The problem is that he's on loan from Chelsea and they might not let him go. Who wouldn't want a Brazilian?

Just different (says he in politically correct mode) For me, they're refreshing I suppose. After all that pissing about with passing about back, forward , side-to-side etc etc etc, just for someone to step up and simply twat/thwack/thump it, I dunno, it just makes the pissing about look like a waste of time.

I reckon Fuchs gets that.

Edit: that all said, last week v SheffU; Perez, Vardy, Nacho - a goal of simple beauty. No twatting to be seen.
Fuchs against Palace. Thunderbastard.

As in, the one who’s continually linked with Real Madrid? I mean, yeah, why not.
Indeed, why not? He is 18 and would get a far better football education with us under the radar until he matures than he would with the high profile and expectation of Real Madrid. We could sell him to them in 5 years for a squillion quids

Indeed, why not? He is 18 and would get a far better football education with us under the radar until he matures than he would with the high profile and expectation of Real Madrid. We could sell him to them in 5 years for a squillion quids
I’d love it to happen. I can’t see it, but why not set Lil’ Wes a task, yeah.

Real Madrid aren't very good at developing youth players these days. Zidane especially seems to want to play Benzema and Modric until they're eligible to pick up a spanish state pension.

Loads of players everyday are linked with Real Madrid it's just journalists filling columns with random shit that have no basis, it's just click bait.
Don’t get me wrong, I get that rumours are often a mix of click bait and agent fed stories, aimed at getting a new contract or move. But in fairness he’s 18, has already played for the full French national team and is one of the highest rated young footballers around, so he is going to attract the attention of the big fish.

Don’t get me wrong, I get that rumours are often a mix of click bait and agent fed stories, aimed at getting a new contract or move. But in fairness he’s 18, has already played for the full French national team and is one of the highest rated young footballers around, so he is going to attract the attention of the big fish.
Sounds similar to Fofana, plenty of bigger clubs were interested but he came to Leicester, he is the sort of player that we are aiming for, we aren't at the stage of buying players for £100 million that are 1st team regulars for the bigger clubs, but we can pay £40 million for a young Belgium International that is out of sorts with his club.

Sounds similar to Fofana, plenty of bigger clubs were interested but he came to Leicester, he is the sort of player that we are aiming for, we aren't at the stage of buying players for £100 million that are 1st team regulars for the bigger clubs, but we can pay £40 million for a young Belgium International that is out of sorts with his club.
I'm not disagreeing with the general points you're making, but it's not really a direct comparison. Fofana had only played 17 games (or so) when we signed him. Camavinga has played over 70 for Rennes and has been in their first team for two seasons now, including playing in the Champions League. Our rumoured competitors for Fofana were West Ham and AC Milan (albeit not the financial powerhouse AC that used to exist).

As I say, I'm not disagreeing with the general points you're making, I'm just saying that he, in particular, seems (on paper) to already be beyond the point where we could get him. That is not to say that I wouldn't be absolutely delighted if we did.

I'm not disagreeing with the general points you're making, but it's not really a direct comparison. Fofana had only played 17 games (or so) when we signed him. Camavinga has played over 70 for Rennes and has been in their first team for two seasons now, including playing in the Champions League. Our rumoured competitors for Fofana were West Ham and AC Milan (albeit not the financial powerhouse AC that used to exist).

As I say, I'm not disagreeing with the general points you're making, I'm just saying that he, in particular, seems (on paper) to already be beyond the point where we could get him. That is not to say that I wouldn't be absolutely delighted if we did.
Understand the point you are making and yes I agree it's not entirely the same but I think Leicester are a club that can attract this type of player now, singing for the likes of Man u or Tottenham would be for money only and signing for Chelsea would be spending the next 5 years on loan all over Europe.

Leicester in my opinion are a very attractive proposition for a young player, decent wages, World class training facilities, excellent manager and owner, also the club are on the verge of pushing for champions league football.

Understand the point you are making and yes I agree it's not entirely the same but I think Leicester are a club that can attract this type of player now, singing for the likes of Man u or Tottenham would be for money only and signing for Chelsea would be spending the next 5 years on loan all over Europe.

Leicester in my opinion are a very attractive proposition for a young player, decent wages, World class training facilities, excellent manager and owner, also the club are on the verge of pushing for champions league football.
If Eric Abidal joins, even more so.
It may not push into the realms of Manchester United, Chelsea etc, but it does put us head and shoulders above West Ham, Everton and the likes.
Incidentally - I think it also pushes us slightly above those European challengers if we sustain it long term such as Marseilles, St Etienne, Schalke.

Maybe not Schalke. Leverkusen perhaps?

I remember watching that on the telly. My very first season as a football fan. Staying at my Gran's that week & avoided hearing any scores all day so I could watch the football that night without knowledge of any scores. Bouncing round the living room when that one went in. It was near Xmas as I remember. We finished 7th that season & I remember being excited that we might be able to get into Europe. I was loving this football lark. Little did I know I'd have to wait over 20 fecking years to see us finish that high in the league again ! (& get in to Europe) Different game then. 2 points for a win. I don't think we won a game until October or November yet still managed to finish 7th thanks to a ton of draws. I reckon we'd have been bottom half with a similar record today (?)

Sorry...rambling on. It's just that season is tattooed on my memory thanks to being my very first.

Can't remember where my keys are today though.

I’m telling you. Every time I see Bamford I’m impressed.
Can’t believe I’m saying it.
He's one of those isn't he? Makes absolutely everything out of a limited number of gifts. Greater than the sum of his parts. Players like that always end up as fan favourites.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854