Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are now a million light years away from signing the likes of Danny Ings, even as a back up player

He's nowhere near good enough for a top 4 side
anyone good enough to start won't come until Vardy is gone, as they know they won't play

I think we are now a million light years away from signing the likes of Danny Ings, even as a back up player

He's nowhere near good enough for a top 4 side
I believe Ings was signed by Rodgers at Liverpool and he is on very good form at the moment. He would be an ideal backup for Vardy and Nacho but probably would not want to play 2nd fiddle.

Rodgers obviously is prepared to sometimes play 2 up front, so anyone better than Nacho could get the the number two slot ahead of Nacho.

There is no other team in the top six or seven (never mind the top four) that would even consider Ings for a single millisecond

Never heard so much complete nonsense in my life

We are not that Club any more - stop thinking like we are

I love Werner. He’s quick, he’s sharp, and he’d be a good successor to Vardy.
Like you - can’t see it happening, but...
He proper winds up opposition supporters too.

Man City weren't taken seriously until they signed Robinho in that last-minute transfer deal.
It didn't work out, but boy that statement made people stand up and take notice.
Sometimes it takes some guts to elevate to the next level.
Consistency, confidence, stubbornness, luck, belief and guts.
It's gonna take a lot but we can do it if we have the above.
Our players and manager need to believe in the vision, we can truly do this.

I think either of the 2 Ajax wingers Ziyech & Neres, would make a statement as they are wanted by lots of clubs

A big signing is tempting, but with so much of our success down to the team spirit, we have to be careful. if someone comes in with a massive ego, or on much higher wages it could cause a lot of disruption.

A big signing is tempting, but with so much of our success down to the team spirit, we have to be careful. if someone comes in with a massive ego, or on much higher wages it could cause a lot of disruption.
Of all of the top performers in the title winning side & the current one it's only really Cambiasso & Tielemans that have generated any sort of excitement upon signing.
Vardy, Kante, Morgan, Huth, Schmeichel, Ndidi, Maddison, Evans, Soyuncu...nobody was wetting themselves with excitement over any of those deals. & they were all cheap in relative terms. The more hyped signings of the likes of Musa & Slimani on the other hand were disasters.
Stick to what we know best. Find gems & polish them. Or resurrection jobs like Evans.

But if he's great it can lift the squad. I've no idea if it's possible but I think Ziyech would fit into that category - his record with Ajax would command respect and confirm to the existing players that we want to match their ambitions. I don't think any signing would be on more than Vardy's reported money, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263