Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that 442 article was going so well until he said it was a terrible tackle on Ritchie, it wasn't even a foul

that 442 article was going so well until he said it was a terrible tackle on Ritchie, it wasn't even a foul
Trevor Sinclair, while he was a pundit on the radio yesterday, said that he thought that the tackle was fine. He said that he thought Ritchie had just stuck a leg out and if he'd just gone into the tackle properly, he wouldn't have got hurt. He said that he couldn't bring himself to quite call it bottling the challenge, but that was pretty much what he did.

Trevor Sinclair, while he was a pundit on the radio yesterday, said that he thought that the tackle was fine. He said that he thought Ritchie had just stuck a leg out and if he'd just gone into the tackle properly, he wouldn't have got hurt. He said that he couldn't bring himself to quite call it bottling the challenge, but that was pretty much what he did.
he went in how they want you to, low, with the side of the foot and standing still, he was just stronger

Rob Tanner is saying that the club expect to be without Morgan for a while as he's got a suspected torn groin muscle - several weeks minimum.

He also says that Benkovic has done damage to his knee which is also likely to keep him out for several weeks at least.

Our need for an additional central defender just got serious.

In the Express, supposedly we've offered James Maddison £120,000 p/w, equal with what our top earner Vardy is on. However he is after closer to £180,000 p/w as that's what 'less-inluential' Hudson-Odoi earns at Chelsea, also his agents want a release clause in the contract.

Yeah, the Daily Express would definitely know that stuff

I'm sure I read in the media somewhere Vardy's last contract was above £120k a week more in the £140k range

15 minutes on Sky about Maddison to Man United, followed by no evidence whatsoever and a conclusion that we wouldn’t sell him anyway

What a sad month of complete shite this is going to be

15 minutes on Sky about Maddison to Man United, followed by no evidence whatsoever and a conclusion that we wouldn’t sell him anyway

listening to all the football pods ridicule that story you have to ask how the sports editor let them run with it, when even other journalists/media are taking the piss that says something

Painful, isn’t it?

I don't believe that we'll sell Maddison this window for one moment. However.

I think that Maddison and his 'team' are engineering this speculation to Man Utd. After all, he has allowed home pictures of him in Man Utd kit to be reproduced in the papers. He hasn't signed a new contract despite being 'in discussion' for many months. He has made some social media comments that are encouraging to Man Utd.

He is very much like Maguire. He's been here a couple of years but we're just a stepping stone in his eyes. He'll be off if they offer silly money just like Maguire was. Like Maguire, it would be an utterly bewildering move from a footballing perspective, but it will set him up for life with money he could never get from us.

It's going to happen this summer unless the club don't get an offer that is acceptable and he doesn't agitate too much.

If he can't bring himself to accept the pittance that we offer as our top wage then he leaves.

At that point I'll look forward to watching his replacement and laughing as we finish above him in the league.

Hmm if we got £100 million for Maddison then fair enough, we have made some brilliant signings so I trust we would have a replacement already lined up

oh great the latest episode of Brown Noses' "its all going to fall apart" has begun

I think he has a point on this one.

And those salary differentials with clubs like Chelsea are why we’ll always be at risk of being a stepping stone, no matter where we finish in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263