Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was dogshit mourinho and he pretty much stated it when he was manager
Moruinho has binned off Harry Winks who at least is a decent midfielder for Eric Dier and Sissoko, neither of whom can pass a ball, he's not the best judge of a player

www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/12/report-leicester-city-enquire-about-27m-manchester-united-player/
I rather like this because it makes a change for us to be asking about one of Manchester United's players!

Whilst I can't see Luke Shaw coming to Leicester (only because he is, reportedly on a silly Man Utd type contract); could we be looking to replace Ben Chilwell. If he believes he's off to one of the "big clubs", supposedly after his signature, it could explain why his form has fallen off a cliff...

www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/12/report-leicester-city-enquire-about-27m-manchester-united-player/
I rather like this because it makes a change for us to be asking about one of Manchester United's players!

Whilst I can't see Luke Shaw coming to Leicester (only because he is, reportedly on a silly Man Utd type contract); could we be looking to replace Ben Chilwell. If he believes he's off to one of the "big clubs", supposedly after his signature, it could explain why his form has fallen off a cliff...
He'd do. He may not be great but he's a much better defender.

It's well known that Chilwell was expecting to be a Man City player this season. He and his agent had agreed a deal with them back in April. It was only a last minute change of mind by Man City in the summer, when they realised that they were unable to move Mendy on, that prevented the move from happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if his head has been turned again. Chelsea and Man City are clearly trying hard to sign him, either now or this summer. We can deny that we're selling anyone as a club, but it doesn't stop a players representative from talking to that club and this could easily affect a young player.

He is playing like his head isn't right.

It's well known that Chilwell was expecting to be a Man City player this season. He and his agent had agreed a deal with them back in April. It was only a last minute change of mind by Man City in the summer, when they realised that they were unable to move Mendy on, that prevented the move from happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if his head has been turned again. Chelsea and Man City are clearly trying hard to sign him, either now or this summer. We can deny that we're selling anyone as a club, but it doesn't stop a players representative from talking to that club and this could easily affect a young player.

He is playing like his head isn't right.
Hopefully after the window shuts he sorts himself out! until then I would seriously consider playing Justin

I'd love to finish above Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea this season in part to prove a point to former, current and future players.

That LCFC are a big club in their own right and moving to one of these aforementioned "top 6" doesn't mean that it's always a move in the right direction.

Finishing above Mahrez, Kante and Maguire would be excellent. Just being in as around top 4 shows our muscles.

Chilwell is an excellent LWB but has so much to learn especially defensively. Not irreplaceable that's for sure. I hate that he might be performing badly just to throw his toys out of the pram. That stinks of arrogance and surely doesn't actually work with LCFC or benefit anyone?

Chilwell is an excellent LWB but has so much to learn especially defensively. Not irreplaceable that's for sure. I hate that he might be performing badly just to throw his toys out of the pram. That stinks of arrogance and surely doesn't actually work with LCFC or benefit anyone?
It worked for Mahrez...

It worked for Mahrez...

Not instantly. It took time which pissed him right off. We also got as much as anyone was probably willing to pay for him. I don't understand the logic of playing badly in order to get a move. How exactly does that work? Surely you'd play well.

Not instantly. It took time which pissed him right off. We also got as much as anyone was probably willing to pay for him. I don't understand the logic of playing badly in order to get a move. How exactly does that work? Surely you'd play well.
I don’t get it either. Logic tells me that no player desperate for a move would want to advertise himself to other clubs as petulant and unprofessional. And yet so many do it because, in the bizarre fantasy world of professional football, it works.

Demiral has torn his ACL so I guess that’s that for trying to sign him in this window.

Craig Shakespeare would have given him a four year contract regardless.

have to say I don't like signing players from Italy the difference is style is huge and most players from there seem to struggle, lots of really talented players in Germany so in general I'd be more confident of players coming from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757