Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are quoted £30m for a 19 year old centre back and £50m for Tarkowski. Now it's £50m for Brooks too (Alan Nixon is usually quite reliable).

Isn't it now obvious that we're trying to sign the wrong players?

or, in the case of Fofana, its the Premier League Tax, French clubs survive off of selling for inflated fees, often to English clubs, wouldn't touch either Tarkowski or Brooks for £50m

So we are quoted £30m for a 19 year old centre back and £50m for Tarkowski. Now it's £50m for Brooks too (Alan Nixon is usually quite reliable).

Isn't it now obvious that we're trying to sign the wrong players?

I just don't get this bollocks pricing. I mean this market is ****ing ridiculous. And these second-rate teams trying to charge £50m for players like brooks. What has he actually done in his career? **** em, let them keep Brooks and when they do crap this season and he puts in a transfer request to move up to the PL again, he'll go for half that much - if they're lucky. Southern ****s.

We need a winger as a top priority. Someone who is 27 or 28 years old with plenty of experience. I've mentioned this before, as have you BN, new experienced players who can bring a refreshing attitude, plenty of knowhow and a new spin on things, are needed.

FWIW, I'd sign Cavani on a free for a year. I know he's 34 in Feb but so much experience, goals galore at PSG, Napoli and for Uruguay. European experience, knows how to win and will bring plenty to the squad overall. Then again, maybe he doesn't fit our system.

or, in the case of Fofana, its the Premier League Tax, French clubs survive off of selling for inflated fees, often to English clubs, wouldn't touch either Tarkowski or Brooks for £50m

Tarkowski is exactly the kind of defender we should be looking to sign - for £35m maximum imo - and as long as play in a back 3. We'd also need to retain Benkovic though if we're going for a back 3.

For sure. We need to have a mix. Potential and youth isn't everything, it's more risky and youth often equates to inexperience which, as we've seen last season, can make all the difference.

I think we should go for these young and exciting players but we also need to sign those experienced players who can add plenty of appearances, european matches, have faced a lot of ups and down, losing streaks, winning streaks etc.

Re CB, we have Evans who's highly experienced and Morgan who is a veteran. So I think more youth there might not be a bad thing. But sometimes new experienced players are needed to freshen things up. Players with different experiences to Kasper, Vardy, Albrighton etc.

Plus these experienced guys we've got have been here for yonks. They're LCFC through and through (apart from maybe Evans) so they're ingrained in the Leicester way of things. They're also old. Experienced players of 18/29/30 is what we need.

Bastards.

That's what we need..

Complete ****s who'll leave the foot in, intimidate, lean into people, snarl, growl & threaten.

A counterbalance to all those nice young lads.

At least a couple of them.

Bastards.

Other clubs seem able to get value.

It's more like a Leicester tax. We now have a reputation for signing players and selling them on for large profits. Any selling club will think about that and add all sorts of conditions onto deals.

We're naive as ****.

Here’s a fun segment I like to call, ‘maths question of the daaaaaay’

Q. What is 5% of a billion pounds?

A. No one who kicks a football for a living. Especially no one who does it in Bournemouth or Burnley. Move on. We are plainly looking under the wrong stones.

We should have signed Grady Diangana from West Ham, he'll be playing against us today . . . Very tricky, confident, gets past a player, quick and crosses well. £18m and West Ham fans protesting at his sale (amongst other things).

We should have signed Grady Diangana from West Ham, he'll be playing against us today . . . Very tricky, confident, gets past a player, quick and crosses well. £18m and West Ham fans protesting at his sale (amongst other things).
Have they retired his shirt? If not, he’s not good enough.

A second Turk?

Was about to post this one as it would be a fab signing. Been impressed with the handful of times I’ve seen him play. Very highly rated and could be exactly what we need. Well 33% of what we need...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263