Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schmeichel to Utd mooted in the Sun this morning.

1. Schemichel reads that Maddison signing a new £100k a week contract.
2. Schmeichel gets on phone to agent.
3. Agent plants absurd story to try to generate some momentum to getting new contract at City.

1. Schemichel reads that Maddison signing a new £100k a week contract.
2. Schmeichel gets on phone to agent.
3. Agent plants absurd story to try to generate some momentum to getting new contract at City.
And they all went to heaven in a little row boat.

Nice signing on the face of it as I was really impressed with him last season and seems a decent fee too.

I'd still like to think we will still a more proven wide player but Cantwell signing would be a good way to start the summer window off.

Cantwell would be a good signing, especially at that price, but I'm afraid that's fake.

The real Rob Dorsett hasnt tweeted about this, and doesn't have an underscore at the end of his username.

Imagine being so sad that you create a fake account for Rob Dorsett.

Some people really are ****ed

Cantwell would be a good signing, especially at that price, but I'm afraid that's fake.

The real Rob Dorsett hasnt tweeted about this, and doesn't have an underscore at the end of his username.

Ahh shame.

Thought it seemed a bit too good to be true though.

John Stones wouldn't come to Leicester to sit on the bench and it would be unfair on Evans and Soyuncu if either was dropped, not unless we started playing with a back 3
We're probably going to have 60 games next season. Choosing 2 from 3 quality centre halves gives them 40 games a season. Plenty without being over plenty

We're probably going to have 60 games next season

Unlikely.

Assuming we do as well in the domestic cup competitions as in 2019/20:
5 EFL cup games
4 FA cup games
38 league games.

That's 47 games.

So to get to 60, we'd have to reach the semi-final of the Europa League.

But I think it's unlikely we'll do well in all three cup competitions. Due to potential fixture congestion it wouldn't surprise me if teams playing in Europe don't even take part in the EFL cup.

We're probably going to have 60 games next season. Choosing 2 from 3 quality centre halves gives them 40 games a season. Plenty without being over plenty
Even so we will still have a strongest starting 11 with 2 CB that would play against the bigger teams so I'm still not convinced that Stones would accept signing for Leicester unless he was one of the guaranteed starters.
Maybe Evans because of his age would rotate alongside Benkovic??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757