Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Mahrez and his supposed promise then.
A hell of a lot of our fans blame Mahrez for that.
But like you say it isnt straight forward and fans only get half a story anyway.
Do you think? I'd say the problem with Mahrez is more the fact that he said we held him back in that interview. That boiled some piss.

I hope he doesn't.
Being somewhat a stepping stone club ourselves, do we really want another player to do that to us if he's a success and gets interest higher up the ladder?
I think he is already making waves if comments in the media are anything to go by.
Regardless of how or if he joins Leicester if he turns out to be brilliant then he will be off regardless, so I'd rather we got 4 years out of him and then sold him on for a massive profit.
Unless you are Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG then this is the reality of football, Even Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U lose players to other clubs, we are a stepping stone but we are higher up the ladder compared to a few years ago.

I think he is already making waves if comments in the media are anything to go by.
Regardless of how or if he joins Leicester if he turns out to be brilliant then he will be off regardless, so I'd rather we got 4 years out of him and then sold him on for a massive profit.
Unless you are Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG then this is the reality of football, Even Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U lose players to other clubs, we are a stepping stone but we are higher up the ladder compared to a few years ago.

The price we sell for is directly affected by the fuss the player causes though. We should have got more for Mahrez but his shit stain attitude put us in a bad negotiating position imo.
We may have got less for Maguire had he had the same attitude.

The price we sell for is directly affected by the fuss the player causes though. We should have got more for Mahrez but his shit stain attitude put us in a bad negotiating position imo.
We may have got less for Maguire had he had the same attitude.
Yes possible, but if we brought Fofana for £25 million and he helped us achieve champions league football and stayed for 4 seasons then we sold him for £50 million wouldn't that be good business ?
Even if he got stroppy and we sold him for £40 million it's still a good deal.

Off track a bit but Ben White looks a very good prospect....

George Hirst is off to Rovrum on loan

Good for him to go out and get experience, but I'm surprised by this one.

Not to sound like a broken record, but with the EL campaign requiring us to have more bodies, then I assumed Hirst would be involved more this season. Leaves us short up front if he's off on loan?

Although if he's off to Rovrum, I guess he's not as ready as I thought he may have been.

Not to sound like a broken record, but with the EL campaign requiring us to have more bodies, then I assumed Hirst would be involved more this season. Leaves us short up front if he's off on loan?

Although if he's off to Rovrum, I guess he's not as ready as I thought he may have been.

Muskwe, Ndukwu and Rhegba all at the club in u23s and could take his place, much better for Hirst to be out playing football that just getting the odd game for us, that was my argument with Thomas, if he's staying he has to play enough games

I’m surprised as well. Perhaps more so if I was in Hirst’s position. That’s 2 Seasons since he left a championship side where he would have been guaranteed regular games, and now he’s back on a loan deal in the same division. I wonder whether forcing the move from Weds really has improved his prospects and development.

He made two starts in the two years he was at Wednesday, I don't see how he would have been guaranteed regular games if he'd stayed. I haven't seen enough of him to have much of an opinion, but that says something as he's been so far from the first team. Regular game time will definitely do him good but I would wonder if his development will be best served on a team who will be scrapping against relegation and don't have a reputation for particularly progressive football (although I guess personal issues would come in to play here as he might want to move back home), may it not be better to send him back to Belgium since they're now at the higher level?

Cengiz Under.

Does anyone have an accurate pronunciation for that?

So far I'm getting a Carry On film vibe.

Or possibly Up Pompeii

Sounds like a Congerton special. Loan with an obligation to buy means if he turns out to be shit, we have to buy him anyway.

Used to be highly rated but has never really fulfilled his potential.

Looks like this fella is our latest attempt to replace Mahrez.

Sounds like a Congerton special. Loan with an obligation to buy means if he turns out to be shit, we have to buy him anyway.

Used to be highly rated but has never really fulfilled his potential.

Looks like this fella is our latest attempt to replace Mahrez.
loans with obligations are just ways to get around money being tight, we've been linked with him for well over a year, you have been complaining about a need for a winger, we are apparently about to sign one, who has done well is a decent league and is still pretty young at just 23 and you are still whining over it if you are expecting us to sign world stars you will forever be disappointed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757