Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caglar's new friend? Given Under isn't going to make the grade, we need another Turk. Boy, do we wanna hang on to Soyuncu - enough to buy a friend for him.

(Actually, in all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if such a thing has been a factor with signings generally. The language barrier can be a problem not just on the pitch but also in the isolation one feels generally.... young kid in a new country, speaking a new language... what was it Ian Rush once, supposedly, said of Italy?)

Caglar's new friend? Given Under isn't going to make the grade, we need another Turk. Boy, do we wanna hang on to Soyuncu - enough to buy a friend for him.

(Actually, in all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if such a thing has been a factor with signings generally. The language barrier can be a problem not just on the pitch but also in the isolation one feels generally.... young kid in a new country, speaking a new language... what was it Ian Rush once, supposedly, said of Italy?)
IIRC Rush said "it was like being in another country" or something equally dense

IIRC Rush said "it was like being in another country" or something equally dense
Yep, something like that. He claims he didn't say that and it was someone taking the piss... but then went on to say pretty much the same thing in different words. :icon lol:

I didn’t actually say Italy was “like living in a foreign country”. No one has ever seen a direct quote from me saying that. I’m blaming Kenny Dalglish. When he re-signed me, a reporter asked me, “Why have you come back?” Kenny quipped, “He said it was like playing in a foreign country”. He’s got a lot to answer for!"

Agents must be starting to ramp up activities, or clubs starting their smoke screens, or papers wanting yet more click revenue, because we seem to be linked with any number of players at the moment. Some that defy explanation.

Agents must be starting to ramp up activities, or clubs starting their smoke screens, or papers wanting yet more click revenue, because we seem to be linked with any number of players at the moment. Some that defy explanation.

Like who?

I've seen Thauvin linked again. Didn't realise he's out of contract this summer. We've been interested for a while (or rumoured to be anyway), so this is definitely one I could see happening - it's a position we've been after and a free transfer for a player that age seems much more like our style than spending big money on someone who's not likely to have a big resale value.

or rumoured to be anyway
Bingo!

I can't be arsed checking my spelling but, yes, he (Thauvin), Cautinho, Edouard, some Swedish wunderkind, a Danish defender at Rangers... and that's off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few I've left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263