Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Payne74

I think he will generate significant interest across Europe.
Based on what?? He hasn't done anything whatsoever in his entire career, lots of talk about promise when he was younger but he's never actually lived up to his earlier hype. He failed miserable at Newcastle and he's now 28.

fitz

Has Thauvin been decent against opponents in Euro cups or owt like that? I've no idea if he's any good these days and my opinion on him is based purely on his awful time in the Prem. Is he anything like a footballer now?

Matt_B

Based on what?? He hasn't done anything whatsoever in his entire career, lots of talk about promise when he was younger but he's never actually lived up to his earlier hype. He failed miserable at Newcastle and he's now 28.
I'd take a winger getting 1 in 2, to be fair.

Attachments

• IMG_20210330_190928.jpg
    IMG_20210330_190928.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 33

Payne74

I'd take a winger getting 1 in 2, to be fair.
The one decent season he's having is in a side that's 6th in a medicore league that's 18 points behind the team in 2nd place (PSG don't count)
The other seasons have been poor or average at best.
He might turn out to be great but his career says otherwise.

Matt_B

The one decent season he's having is in a side that's 6th in a medicore league that's 18 points behind the team in 2nd place (PSG don't count)
I'm not sure you read the graphic properly.

fitz

He's had more than 1 decent season. Still at a shit level of course.

Matt_B

Maybe this helps. Over 15 Goals whenever he's played regularly for Marseille.

Attachments

• IMG_20210330_192510.jpg
    IMG_20210330_192510.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 18

City Fan

Ghezzal and Diabate...tasty.

(I’m joking of course, I’d take those two and Tielemans, Mahrez and Kante every day of the week).

Payne74

Maybe this helps. Over 15 Goals whenever he's played regularly for Marseille.
Fair point Matt, if he was that good why didn't another club come in for him earlier in his career, he was rubbish at Newcastle and appears to struggle when moving clubs

Matt_B

Fair point Matt, if he was that good why didn't another club come in for him earlier in his career, he was rubbish at Newcastle and appears to struggle when moving clubs
I don't understand your logic. Should we only be signing players that everybody else is after? How many people were in for Evans? Or any of the other great buys we've made?

Matt_B

Let's not forget, the season he played for Newcastle they were related, so he was hardly in a forward thinking team. I've no idea if he will be great or not, but to write him off on one bad season in a shit Newcastle team and ignore several seasons of being a scoring winger seems absurd.

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Manchester City3377
2Manchester Utd3266
3Leicester3156
4Chelsea3255
5West Ham Utd3255
6Tottenham 3353
7Liverpool3253
8Everton3149
9Arsenal3246
10Leeds Utd3246