Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money in football is mental innit. Barca have been like a horny teenager full of coke with credit for lovehoney dildos on Klarna. Bayern, Juve etc just don't have the obscene money.

As much as I've accepted before we even signed him that Youri will be off to better things....it's grim that he's more likely to end up at Man City or Chelsea than Bayern, Barca etc where his ability would be deserving.

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers is hoping to sign Scotland midfielder Callum McGregor, 27, from former club Celtic. (Sun)

Wouldn't be a surprise.

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers is hoping to sign Scotland midfielder Callum McGregor, 27, from former club Celtic. (Sun)
Why do we keep being linked with him? Is he any better than Praet? Unless we're losing Tielemans I don't think the midfield is the place we need to be adding depth to. We need a good winger on the right who can contribute 10-15 goals a season and everything else is secondary.

Why do we keep being linked with him? Is he any better than Praet? Unless we're losing Tielemans I don't think the midfield is the place we need to be adding depth to. We need a good winger on the right who can contribute 10-15 goals a season and everything else is secondary.
its an easy link to fill column inches

Doesn’t seem to fit with our usual recruitment strategy.
Of course it doesn’t. But it’s a Celtic player so automatically Rodgers must be looking to sign him. I mean after all, he’s signed so many of the plethora of other Celtic players we’ve been (lazily) linked with.

A young left-back at Hibs and Thorgan Hazard are the latest unsubstantiated (probably) nonsense. Apparently the Hazard signing would be an attempt to appease Youri.

The Hibs bloke is valued at, what, a packet of crisps? We could add him to the collection, train him up and generally have a better look, if he turns out to not be up to it then flog him on for 2 packets of crisps (or better still, a box of Monster Munch)

I still don't know why (and perhaps I don't want to) signing Hazard junior would "appease" Youri. It's not like we have to have another Belgian in the side. Or are Praet and Castange from the other side of the language/culture divide? Praps Denis likes syrup on his waffles and Youri's a whipped cream person.

The Hibs bloke is valued at, what, a packet of crisps? We could add him to the collection, train him up and generally have a better look, if he turns out to not be up to it then flog him on for 2 packets of crisps (or better still, a box of Monster Munch)

I still don't know why (and perhaps I don't want to) signing Hazard junior would "appease" Youri. It's not like we have to have another Belgian in the side. Or are Praet and Castange from the other side of the language/culture divide? Praps Denis likes syrup on his waffles and Youri's a whipped cream person.
Dirty!

I was at school with a bloke called Alan Nixon. First time since that I've thought of him. Should I message him? Ask him if he's still a fantasist?

If we have an inside look into the ability of perhaps the best National Team in the world and Brendan trusts Youri’s judgement, why wouldn’t you? I would bet Praet was suggested by Youri. And he’s tidy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757