The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

One player on that list is head and shoulders above everyone else.
They’re all head and shoulders above Juninho, blokes only about 5”3....

to be fair to them Shearer and Wright don't make up the list toe MOTD commentators do they just order the top 10

Le Tissier?

I never really approved of Le Tissier. Yes, you can watch one hell of a highlights package of his goals. But whenever I watched him live, he was such a lazy git. It was like he really didn't want to be on the pitch. Several times I went to see him play and came away disappointed.

I think he also came out well from highlights of matches rather than live games. His lack of industry would be completely unacceptable today but put a game together into five minutes and he'd look class.

I think that's why he was never any good for England and never moved on either.

This seems like a strange thing to measure. Gary Speed and David Batty, both of whom won the title and played in Europe for Leeds, are named, while anyone who has played for mid-table at best Tottenham is automatically disqualified from inclusion.

Which is a shame as I would've put Gary Doherty ahead of Batty.

I never really approved of Le Tissier. Yes, you can watch one hell of a highlights package of his goals. But whenever I watched him live, he was such a lazy git. It was like he really didn't want to be on the pitch. Several times I went to see him play and came away disappointed.

I think he also came out well from highlights of matches rather than live games. His lack of industry would be completely unacceptable today but put a game together into five minutes and he'd look class.

I think that's why he was never any good for England and never moved on either.
Did you used to boo Yakubu by any chance?

And don’t get me started on Lineker. All he did was score goals, feckin useless. What’s the point influencing the game by doing stuff that changes the result if you’re not going to run around at top speed for 90 minutes? Wankers. Give me DJ Campbell any day.

And don’t get me started on Lineker. All he did was score goals, feckin useless. What’s the point influencing the game by doing stuff that changes the result if you’re not going to run around at top speed for 90 minutes? Wankers. Give me DJ Campbell any day.
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUME

Brown Noses attitude is far too prevalent in British football and a big reason we feel so far behind the major footballing powers, work rate is important but there is far too much focus on it

Different times.

Nowadays, Le Tissier couldn't play his way and make it at the top level. Quite right too as football has moved on.

When he was at his peak, he was a genius for 5 mins of every other match, and anonymous for the rest. That was enough for Southampton to adore him but also it was only enough for Southampton.

Brown Noses attitude is far too prevalent in British football and a big reason we feel so far behind the major footballing powers, work rate is important but there is far too much focus on it

Exactly. England misused two fantastic players in the 80's and 90's when the team should have been built around them.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854