The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

My Memories of Lineker for Leicester are limited as I was quite young, Vardy definitely the greater player for me. Also, Vardy brings so much more to the team than goals!

When I was a younger lad than I am now I loved Gary. Now that I'm a little older, I realise how much better Jamie is in pretty much all of his game - especially in scoring goals.

In post match interview Vardy said the plan was for him to 'kind of doing a man-marking on Rodri". He still managed to race up and down the pitch and score a hat-trick. The back heel flick for his second goal was like the player himself, just incredible.

I think this argument is a bit old hat now. I think he’s had a lot of plaudits and respect in the past few months, and people are now recognising his skill and finishing as well has his pace.

I think this argument is a bit old hat now. I think he’s had a lot of plaudits and respect in the past few months, and people are now recognising his skill and finishing as well has his pace.
Even at that I don’t think he’s properly rated in the game.

He’s on a short list of great strikers in any league. Barring Ronaldo he’s the absolute best in his age group.

You do feel that his legend sort of proceeds him now in that the opponent's are shitting themselves as soon as he enters the fray

The most underrated striker in football history.

He still gets **** all credit compared the players he's outscored like Drogba
The only time he ever gets any credit is when he’s scored against a big sides and a few chinstrokey podcast types will do a ‘Is it time to recognise Jamie Vardy as a top striker?’ type article. With the obligatory mentions of his ASBO and the skittle vodka of course.

He’s one in a million as far as footballers go. Other than simply being a brilliant footballer I feel like the arrogance of teams like Manchester City works in his favour. They rarely make any concession for his talent and he punishes them and Arsenal and Liverpool again and again and again.

He’s the coolest, most intelligent player on the pitch most of the time and yet he’s still pigeonholed as some sort of methy chav. It all works in his favour though. Even when he’s done and he’s got a statue outside the ground outsiders will be looking down their nose at him or pretending that Harry Kane was better.

The only time he ever gets any credit is when he’s scored against a big sides and a few chinstrokey podcast types will do a ‘Is it time to recognise Jamie Vardy as a top striker?’ type article. With the obligatory mentions of his ASBO and the skittle vodka of course.

He’s one in a million as far as footballers go. Other than simply being a brilliant footballer I feel like the arrogance of teams like Manchester City works in his favour. They rarely make any concession for his talent and he punishes them and Arsenal and Liverpool again and again and again.

He’s the coolest, most intelligent player on the pitch most of the time and yet he’s still pigeonholed as some sort of methy chav. It all works in his favour though. Even when he’s done and he’s got a statue outside the ground outsiders will be looking down their nose at him or pretending that Harry Kane was better.
That is a marvellous post.

Won't score many easier than last night (though I'm half thinking Barnes would have put it over the bar!) but you can't deduct points for that. He saw the opportunity, made the run, found the space (acres of it behind Mustafi) and finished as cool as you like. Great players make it look easy.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854