The race for the Top 4

Assuming Man City and Man Utd are already locked in, who else will finish in the Top 4?

• Leicester

• West Ham

• Chelsea

• Liverpool

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FryattFox

7 matches remaining (I'm excluding Spurs and Everton as it must be pretty unlikely that they maintain a serious challenge). Top 2 look locked in, but all to play for below.

Chelsea have the hardest run, but their fate is also very much in their hands given that they play us and WHU. Liverpool have an ominously easy run in, and unlike Chelsea probably won't have to worry about this season's Champions League for much longer.

Who's your money on?

1618202571487.png

1618202547574.png

1618202966461.png
Data courtesy of FantasyFootballScout and FiveThirtyEight.com

Not us. As pitiful as the performance yesterday was, there's much more to why we just don't have the mentality.

We play West Brom and Crystal Palace next in the league. West Ham play Newcastle and then Chelsea. Things could look quite different in two games.

We play West Brom and Crystal Palace next in the league. West Ham play Newcastle and then Chelsea. Things could look quite different in two games.

Indeed

We could be out of the top four

Fat ladies and opera, and I'm obviously hopeful but I'd be lying if I said I was confident.

We've wobbled at a bad time; both with results and discipline. It doesn't augur well. A good performance, and victory, in the semi might stabilise things and get us back to a good place. We've got a lot of work to do.

Hate to say it but we've ****ed it, again
My fear is not just missing out on a CL spot but then losing players in the summer, players in search of CL football.

And I could see the 'Covid 5' taking the blame for that from some.

Cripes, I hope I'm just being my usual miserable self and have got it all wrong.

My fear is not just missing out on a CL spot but then losing players in the summer, players in search of CL football.

And I could see the 'Covid 5' taking the blame for that from some.

Cripes, I hope I'm just being my usual miserable self and have got it all wrong.
No, you are onto something there. Failure to qualify will have our very best eyeing the exit.

What we had in our favour was team spirit but that very well could be damaged now.

Yesterday was potentially very costly.

2 points ahead is still better than 2 behind, it's still in our hands. We are capable of maintaining the top 4 place, just a question of the mentality.

You would expect Chelsea and Liverpool to thrive with the pressure. They have the weight of expectation but they are more accustomed to coping with it than us.

The danger is if we are already thinking "it's been a good season whatever happens now" then it can be difficult to keep pushing yourself

Could we still conceivably drop out if we somehow manage to win the next 4 matches? I'd argue we can still put in a performance against spuds on the last day, but never in a million years will we beat chelsea or man utd. But then I highly doubt we have what it takes to win the next 4. Of course we have more quality than them but you would say that about Burnley, Fulham, Leeds, and other teams we've dropped points against.

People on here couldn't wait for us to get knocked out the Europa League competition this season, so getting stuck back into it again would be complete ****ing bollocks

Well that’s Liverpool well and truly in the race. Given their remaining fixtures I can’t see them dropping many, if any, points on the run in. Six points behind us with a game in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263