The RIP Thread

He Spanish football show was fantastic, I never saw him play but that is enough to remember him by

1588230612658.png

Old friends - can't imagine either of them sat on a park bench though.

Dave Greenfield. The Dave Greenfield.
The chap that played keyboards for The Stranglers. Ah well. :(

From mid 1977-1979 The Stranglers were my favorite pop band. Triffic.

RIP Little Richard. He was a real pioneer in being from that era before Elvis. Little Richard was the best live performer I ever saw. I used to think that future generations would get the wrong impression because he had to keep static for the chalk lines. Now thanks to YouTube it is possible to get a real impression of his performance. Unlike the gentle Fats Domino Little Richard was wild and this made him white America's worst nightmare. I remember my father telling a friend "You know this Elvis Presley Well Little |Richard is worse." The clip from YouTube below gives a real feeling of a little \richard performance

Wow. Little Richard.
The power, energy, and excitement that he put into music was unbelievable.
'Kids of today wouldn't understand', music today doesn't understand.
Excitement? Where is it, where did it all go?

RIP Little Richard. He was a real pioneer in being from that era before Elvis. Little Richard was the best live performer I ever saw. I used to think that future generations would get the wrong impression because he had to keep static for the chalk lines. Now thanks to YouTube it is possible to get a real impression of his performance. Unlike the gentle Fats Domino Little Richard was wild and this made him white America's worst nightmare. I remember my father telling a friend "You know this Elvis Presley Well Little |Richard is worse." The clip from YouTube below gives a real feeling of a little \richard performance

Where did you see him?

Where did you see him?
Kings Lock Tea Rooms, I’d imagine :102:

Little Richard would have been too wild and raucous for the Kings Lock Tea Rooms. Frank Sinatra would have fitted in much better. Sinatra died in 1998 and so sadly missed out on the chance to perform at Kings Lock.

I saw Little Richard at Birmingham Town Hall in 1962. He was top of the bill with Jet Harris and Tony Meehan second on the bill and Sam Cookenumber three.
I saw him again at the Gaumont Worcester in 1963 (I think) The Everly Brothers were top of the bill and Bo Diddley was second. It was not getting big enough audiences so Little Richard was brought in. Bottom of the bill were the then little known Rolling Stones. I remember that the lead singer of The Rolling Stones (I had not then heard of Mick Jagger was trying to be wild and failing. Little Richard really seemed wild, I was too young and naive to realise how choreographed his wildness was. I would guess that Mick Jagger learned a lot by watching Little Richard.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363