The RIP Thread

So both BBC1 and BBC2 are now just running the same broadcast horseshit about Phil the Greek

WTF is that all about ?

Channel 4 aren't....fair ****s to them. I'm surprised the football is still going ahead tbh.

People dying is always a sad thing, but **** me this is truly pathetic

Exactly. Said to the missus before this is going to be one of those things that I start by saying is sad but doesn't bother me on a personal level (having never met the bloke) but then bothers me as the whole country turns to farce.

You wait until the Queen pops her clogs, it will be epic on the entertainment front.

We'll get a bank holiday though won't we? We won't for Phil but fairly certain i saw government n political parties were taking a break. Hopefully unpaid as it's not an immediate relative and such like.

DMX, aged 50. Not a nice bloke by all accounts but it is a chance to get this out;

Disclaimer; There’s a lot of N words.

The same Match of the Day who post as often as possible about alleged and sometimes proven racism in the game are throwing a few non-football related posts today.
Screenshot_20210409-200834_Facebook.jpg

There's football on the red button. France have just taken the lead, seconds after England had a goal disallowed for offside.
I’m out at a friend’s house now. I’m not that far from ted’s house, so I’m trying to keep the noise down.

I’m out at a friend’s house now. I’m not that far from ted’s house, so I’m trying to keep the noise down.
Ah round my ends are you? Is sir on the spice tonight or simply looking for some female company?

Well, other side of Scalford Road for that but it’s not far.

Ah round my ends are you? Is sir on the spice tonight or simply looking for some female company?

Well, other side of Scalford Road for that but it’s not far.
Ha ha I’m just off Wymondham Way. I’ve got a hip flask of toffee vodka, along with pints of snakebite & black :023:

"Service to a country" is a canned phrase which is pretty meaningless upon any scrutiny. Nurses, binmen and even supermarket workers do more to serve the country than someone who gets to live in the lap of luxury their whole life. How exhausting it must be to go on day trips and holidays on a permanent basis. I think we have served him and his family, not the other way round.
Sorry, that is ****ish, of the highest order.

I am a republican. I want the Royal Family to be completely detached from any role in the governance of the country. I don't believe in titles or honours. In short, I cannot stand the whole thing. I have completely avoided the wall to wall coverage of his death too.

In my view, the only reason that the Royal Family has survived comfortably over the last 50 years or so is down to two people; the Queen and Prince Phillip. They have done a very impressive job of their roles and it is very difficult for a republican to argue against the status quo with them as the figureheads.

I thought Phillip was a remarkable person. He was clearly highly intelligent and a strong personality. He lived an extraordinary life. He was outdated in many areas but that is excusable to me for a man that was literally from another time. I can't say that I'll mourn his loss, but I do respect him and don't really see any justification for using his death for cheap snipes.

Just been watching a bit on tele about him; his French was pretty darned good, with a decent accent too. He spent a few years at a French school as a kid but obviously kept it up. A clever bloke by all accounts.

I am a republican. I want the Royal Family to be completely detached from any role in the governance of the country. I don't believe in titles or honours. In short, I cannot stand the whole thing. I have completely avoided the wall to wall coverage of his death too.

In my view, the only reason that the Royal Family has survived comfortably over the last 50 years or so is down to two people; the Queen and Prince Phillip. They have done a very impressive job of their roles and it is very difficult for a republican to argue against the status quo with them as the figureheads.

I thought Phillip was a remarkable person. He was clearly highly intelligent and a strong personality. He lived an extraordinary life. He was outdated in many areas but that is excusable to me for a man that was literally from another time. I can't say that I'll mourn his loss, but I do respect him and don't really see any justification for using his death for cheap snipes.
I find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with you BN.

FWIW, I am certainly NOT a Royalist, merely someone who can appreciate what he sacrificed and that he was at the forefront of many important institutions such as WWF and The Duke of Edinburgh awards, to name only two of dozens and ignore 74 years of service, whether you agree with it or not.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854