They're talking about us

It is fair to say, I suppose, that the players we brought in during that time are mostly working well.

Tielemans, Maddison, Evans, Ricardo and Cags are worth a fortune.

Ghezzal and Diabate, perhaps not so much. Who knows with Ward and Benkovic.

The question will remain how much of a role he had in the signings, as opposed to that being savvy work by the recruitment team.

He also didn't have to put any noses out of place, in fact his mere arrival made the players he would have had to keep onside very happy. Had he had to implement the changes I'm not sure he would have managed to keep those same players happy, going off stories from his time at Liverpool I don't think he would have.

Pretty much anyone could have done the hatchet job, it takes a special manager to combine it with success and Rodgers is benefiting from the dirty work already being done when he arrived is all I'm saying

I'm not saying that Puel did nothing right. He just didn't do anywhere near enough right.

He didn't have to tell Vardy that he had to change his game and then drop him for Gray up front. He didn't have to play two defensive midfielders every time, or rotate several players every game, constantly annoying players and fans alike. He was a very stereotypically stubborn Frenchman. He picked fights where there was no fight to be picked.

The positive bounce as soon as he was out of the door was not because Puel had done all the hard work, it was because someone just made a much better job of what was there all along.

except Vardy has changed his game, Rodgers has spoken about telling him to stay withing the width of the penalty box and not charge around everywhere so has Vardy. Gray started upfront in place of Vardy once, and Vardy was suspended for that game after his red card in our first home game, so that is overplayed.

Vardy is still hardly involved in our general play we just play faster so create more chances, also it was Puel that moved us to a 3 man midfield of NDidi Tielemans and Maddison not Rodgers, he went more attacking but the dye was cast by then and it was too late.

Sir Alex is pretty much the only one I can think of that has overhauled a squad and had success at the same time, the person that does the overhaul usually doesn't last to see the success.

_83964258_pearson4_getty[1].jpg

Gray started upfront in place of Vardy once, and Vardy was suspended for that game after his red card in our first home game, so that is overplayed.
He did that at least on two other occasions; Brighton and Spurs away.

Did he? He seemed to be gone five minutes, and to just get the best out of what he'd be left with and what had there all along. Could be my memory of course....
Yep, it’s your memory.

He had to clear up the amount of useless shite brought in by Sousa and Sven. Or maybe it was Cambiasso that did all that, can’t remember now.

Did he? He seemed to be gone five minutes, and to just get the best out of what he'd be left with and what had there all along. Could be my memory of course....
By my quick count we made 22 permanent signings in his time away from the club, including expensive crap such as Beckford, Mills, Danns, Bamba, Peltier, Paintsil, St Ledger. It was definitely a rebuild job.

By my quick count we made 22 permanent signings in his time away from the club, including expensive crap such as Beckford, Mills, Danns, Bamba, Peltier, Paintsil, St Ledger. It was definitely a rebuild job.

Cheers for the reminder.......grim

2 out of 22 aint bad eh. Some of the short list BM has put werent just shit but also didn't bother.
Koncheski was a Sven signing too, would have to go back and look through the squads as we had so much churn at the time I get them mixed up

Koncheski was a Sven signing too, would have to go back and look through the squads as we had so much churn at the time I get them mixed up

Yup, all a blur. Loads of shite for many years too.

Michael Johnson.

unbelievable footballer.
shame his career got wrecked by injuries before he even got going.

On Sven's signings some of them were exciting at the time, which is important to remember too when evaluating them, every signing is a gamble sadly for us far too many failed to live up to expectations back then.

Then again some of our fans moaned about Yakubu and didn't want him signed permanently by Sven

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854