Confirmed Transfer Tom Parkes to Bristol Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/parkes-322698.aspx

Rovers agree terms with Leicester

Bristol Rovers have agreed terms with Leicester City to bring Tom Parkes to the club on a permanent deal subject to medical.

The defender, who spent almost four months on loan with Rovers last season, will join up with the squad later today, with a view to being involved in tomorrow night’s game against Barnet.

If it's on their official site, shouldn't this be a confirmed?

Official sites have been known to jump the gun. :icon_wink I was waiting until it was on our OS.

I wsn't expecting that. Thought he was highly regarded.

Yeah I thought they were planning to get him involved more this year. We're even lighter at the back now. Panic!

Bizarre at this point, unless NP rates Bolger better than Parkes, but if that was the case surely Bolger would have been on the bench on Saturday.

So it we get a centre back injury on Tuesday night, would have thought a "loan in if necessary" deal most be tied up, otherwise would it be like Sunderland for a period with Konch at centre back & Schlupp at left back (assuming Kennedy is a forgotten man)

Bizarre at this point, unless NP rates Bolger better than Parkes, but if that was the case surely Bolger would have been on the bench on Saturday.

So it we get a centre back injury on Tuesday night, would have thought a "loan in if necessary" deal most be tied up, otherwise would it be like Sunderland for a period with Konch at centre back & Schlupp at left back (assuming Kennedy is a forgotten man)

From what I've seen of Parkes and Bolger, neither of them are good enough for Championship football, they'll both have decent League 1/2 careers but Moore (obviously) and Taft are the 2 stand out academy defenders for me.

There are a lot of assumptions there. I don't understand why it is strange that a kid with 1(?) first team appearance has been sold. The fact that neither were on the bench on Saturday surely says neither is rated at this point, following your logic?

I think this tells us that Zak is not too far away and I think I also heard SSL was making faster progress than expected ?

I've always rated the kid. Bet he sticks around the leagues and is a solid pro for his career. He may not quite be championship class, but he will do just fine for Bristol.

Good luck to him.

Never gonna make it at City but surprised he's gone what with us being a bit short at the back currently as he could have got some game time had injuries fallen kindly to him.

I'd imagine he'll have a similar career to Guy Branston, nothing spectacular by any means but certainly a hell of a lot better than being in an office all day or building site etc, so as above, all the best to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4573
6Norwich City4573
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464