Top scorers 23/24

Cannon was the oddest signing.

Nothing odd about signing a fourth striker when we only play one is there?

Especially when we knew by the time we signed him that none of the other three were leaving.

And that Cannon had a broken back picked up in his medical.

No, nothing odd about spending £7.5m we absolutely didn't have on him.

Nothing odd about signing a fourth striker when we only play one is there?

Especially when we knew by the time we signed him that none of the other three were leaving.

And that Cannon had a broken back picked up in his medical.

No, nothing odd about spending £7.5m we absolutely didn't have on him.
You forgot to add that two of our three strikers were and are absolute shit and the other had come off the back of a PL season where he had hardly scored at all. We needed another striker, unfortunately we bought a broken one.

Last season, Cannon scored 8 goals in 20 appearances for Preston. That's not bad is it? And he was only 20. I think it's a bit unfair to write him off at this stage.

Last season, Cannon scored 8 goals in 20 appearances for Preston. That's not bad is it? And he was only 20. I think it's a bit unfair to write him off at this stage.

Preston are weird. Iversen was their player of the season two seasons running and comes back to us and was shit and couldn't even make the bench this season for us in the championship.

I don't think anyone is writing him off. From the little I've seen of him I like what he may have to offer. His movement is excellent and he's definitely got a decent finish. He's just forever crocked at the moment. If we can sort out his fitness and get him playing more regularly I think he could be a good player for us.

One of my criticisms of Maresca is his bizarre selection of both Nacho and Daka over Cannon when he's had the chance to play. I think the truth is probably that he's not really been truly fit since we bought him and he may be knackered permanently. Guess time will tell.

Think Vardy’s got this one sewn up now.

League
Vards 15
KDH 12
Mavididi 12
Daka 7
Nacho 5
McAteer 5

All comps
Vards 17
Mavididi 13
KDH 12
Daka 7
Nacho 6
McAteer 6
Wilf 5
Ricardo 4
Fatawu 4

he has had 3 starts and has come on 6 times as a sub, he has 2 goals to his name. Not sure why he has not been used more, probably injuries?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463