UEFA Champions League 18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is finishing runner up in a cup competition where they had the following record (W6 D2 L5) really anything special?

Pochettino has had five seasons as Spurs manager, and has won nothing. He has finished the following number of points behind the champions in each of those seasons:

14/15 -23 points, 5th place
15/16 -11 points, 3rd place
16/17 -17 points, 2nd place
17/18 -23 points, 3rd place
18/19 -27 points, 4th place

I would argue that the pinnacle of his achievement to date is coming third in a two horse race in 2016. It's easily the closest he's come to actually achieving their main target.

Choking in cup competitions is nothing new for Spurs under numerous managers. Spurs have won one League Cup this century. Pochettino has maintained this proud tradition with three runners up medals over his five years.

Pochettino has been a manager of three clubs over more than a decade now, totalling 500 matches and has won feck all.

Brendan Rodgers has won more this season than Pochettino has ever won as a manager.

Brendan Rodgers has won more this season than Pochettino has ever won as a manager.
In fairness, this is nothing special. If Tottenham’s most difficult test every season were Barnet away (twice), Pochettino would have a shedful of worthless chocolate coins just like our Brendan.

Pochettino is a loser, everything he says is negative.

Genuinely don't understand the concept that club bigger than Spurs would want him

Kicked off in Preston after the game last night. Pub near Preston Docks where fans of both sides came to blows. Seven police vehicles, two ambulances in attendance.

Kicked off in Preston after the game last night. Pub near Preston Docks where fans of both sides came to blows. Seven police vehicles, two ambulances in attendance.

Glory grabbers really are the worst

Still think Poch will wind up at Man U. IMO he is a very good manager. No doubt the likes of Harry Kane will be looking to move on for a better chance at some silverware and surely their fans can't blame them for that.

Glory grabbers really are the worst
My brother in law sent me a picture from Facebook that my neighbour had posted in his garden with about 20 of his plastic Liverpool mates. ‘Having a nice time listening to these twats?’ he asked. Luckily we were in Norfolk this weekend.

Still think Poch will wind up at Man U. IMO he is a very good manager. No doubt the likes of Harry Kane will be looking to move on for a better chance at some silverware and surely their fans can't blame them for that.

Why hasn't he won a single thing?

He's got a top quality side with apparently one of the best strikers in the world and yet not even as much as a league cup to his overrated name.

Ah yes, Poch to Man Utd. That makes sense. A perpetual runner up is an ideal target for a club that’s spent the last decade engineering its own decline.

Ah yes, Poch to Man Utd. That makes sense. A perpetual runner up is an ideal target for a club that’s spent the last decade engineering its own decline.
Where they’re at at the minute, I think they’d welcome a runner up.

Why hasn't he won a single thing?

He's got a top quality side with apparently one of the best strikers in the world and yet not even as much as a league cup to his overrated name.

Trophies are just for egos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758