Under 21s Under 21s 2023/24

Not sure why several were calling for him to get a game in December then.

****wits.

Alves and Braybrooke returned to training in Nov/Dec. Alves appeared to be nearer to fitness so got into the U21s. Calls from some, me included, for him to be involved around the time of the 3rd round of the FA Cup were unaware of his set back.

The mitigation is that City are horrific at keeping fans updated with anything to do with U21/Academy players. I can't remember where we learned that Alves had another problem but we did eventually.

In Feb, he returned again - seen in first team training - and EM said lots of positive things about him. Almost immediately he had another problem which has kept him out until the last couple of weeks.

Braybrooke also had a set back in his recovery which appears to have delayed his own return by 2-3 months. Again, no information from the club. I do recall RL asking EM about Braybrooke and EM appeared to not know who he was(!)

I have no idea why these two players have taken so long to recover from their injuries. We'll probably never know. I do know that they are both easily good enough to play for us. They are much better than any of the young players we've used this season (McAteer, Nelson, Marcal).

The only possible upside to their wasted season is that we probably will have them next year. Had they played the second half of this season, I expect that they'd be sold this summer.

Alves and Braybrooke look better than most of our first team players.

3-0 up already.
Great strike from Braybrooke.

Alves' the keeper should have probably saved but that was a ridiculous run from him to create it.

Real shame they haven't been able to get some gametime this season.

Won 3-1.

Alves ran the show for 83 mins before being subbed.

He's got it all. I can't remember being this excited about a young player at City since Heskey.

He makes Maddison look like a pub player.

Oh, and Braybooke is better at the Winks role than Winks has been for the last few months.

I don't care what anyone says, these two are the bollocks.

Won 3-1.

Alves ran the show for 83 mins before being subbed.

He's got it all. I can't remember being this excited about a young player at City since Heskey.

He makes Maddison look like a pub player.

Oh, and Braybooke is better at the Winks role than Winks has been for the last few months.

I don't care what anyone says, these two are the bollocks.
He's gone full ****ing wibbleflaps.

:043:

Great strike from Braybrooke.

Alves' the keeper should have probably saved but that was a ridiculous run from him to create it.

Real shame they haven't been able to get some gametime this season.

There's a real chance that the Blackburn game will be a complete dead rubber - in which case, I'd like to see these two start.

Nope

This should be a celebration for the blokes that got us up
Plenty of time to bring players on and off, which will allow the crowd to she indiviudals their appreciation. If Enzo won't play them in that situation, I can't imagine a situation he'll blood them in once we're actually in the EPL

There's a real chance that the Blackburn game will be a complete dead rubber - in which case, I'd like to see these two start.
Not a chance.

They're all crocked, or summat

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363