'Useless' - A constructive critique of Pearson's managerial style

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry south

After 26 games in charge when's that prick pearson going to realise that we have no defence.Its just like watching a bunch of 7 year old at school.another 3 goals conceeded ffs.pearson out:icon_evil.yes its the troll again

Re: useless

After 26 games in charge when's that prick pearson going to realise that we have no defence.Its just like watching a bunch of 7 year old at school.another 3 goals conceeded ffs.pearson out:icon_evil.yes its the troll again

I'm pretty sure he does realise it, as he talks about it in every post match interview. Unfortunately our defensive problems pre-date Pearson and seem to be ingrained now. I thought when he took over this would be the first thing to be adressed, but for whatever reason, there seems to be real fundamental rather than superficial problems and I don't think they can be solved during the season. It's something we're going to have to look at during the summer and I think a change of personnel is definitely required in some cases. He's tried several different combinations in defence and all have looked suspect. When players don't perform under two completely different managers, you have to start looking at the players themselves rather than the manager in my opinion.

As for 'Pearson Out' - are you joking? We paid a fortune for him and his staff only a few months ago, we're hardly going to drop him after 20-odd games. I think given a pre-season and a few key signings, we could be a real force in the league next season. Beckford and Nugent look like the real deal now, they're forming a great partnership and I think next season we'll really see that flourish. We need to get rid of a bit of dead wood in midfield and something drastic needs to be done about the defence, but I'm confident Pearson's the man for the job.

Out of interest, if Pearson was sacked today (ludicrous considering we've only got the remotest chance of reaching the playoffs now) who would you bring in to replace him? Seriously, who's out there - willing and available - who could do a better job?

After 34 posts.why carnt you use punctuation correctly.its like watching a 7 year old type.ffs.terry south out:icon_evil

I do not agree with Terry: every manager deserves at least one close season but, I am surprised by the certainty that Pearson will be given it.

I am sure that his remit was to get promotion - who, or whatever is to blame, we didn't come close. Our £5 million defender (please insert different figure as you see fit), whatever one thinks of his form, cannot get a game because of a falling out with the manager: I do not think the Thais are going to be happy - and perhaps I would be rather less blasé, were it my money.

I do not agree with Terry: every manager deserves at least one close season but, I am surprised by the certainty that Pearson will be given it.

I am sure that his remit was to get promotion - who, or whatever is to blame, we didn't come close. Our £5 million defender (please insert different figure as you see fit), whatever one thinks of his form, cannot get a game because of a falling out with the manager: I do not think the Thais are going to be happy - and perhaps I would be rather less blasé, were it my money.

Surely form dictates that they certainly will give Pearson a pre-season? You could say exactly the same thing about SGE when he came here mid way through last season. Sven's remit when he arrived was to get promotion, but they didn't sack him when he failed to achieve this last season did they? we look closer to making the playoffs this season than we did last season IMO. But instead of sacking him, they gave him the summer and the biggest transfer budget in the league to assemble and entirely new team! Why do you think it will be any different for Pearson?

I agree with you about getting rid of the deadwood and about nugent and beckfoord are looking solid together upfront.answer to who i would get in would be billy davies

Surely form dictates that they certainly will give Pearson a pre-season? You could say exactly the same thing about SGE when he came here mid way through last season. Sven's remit when he arrived was to get promotion, but they didn't sack him when he failed to achieve this last season did they? we look closer to making the playoffs this season than we did last season IMO. But instead of sacking him, they gave him the summer and the biggest transfer budget in the league to assemble and entirely new team! Why do you think it will be any different for Pearson?

Sven always said that it was likely to take two seasons. When we were not even in the top six after a couple of months of his second season, his execution was pretty summary. Usually, there is a clamour from the fans well before a dismissal; Sven was packed, and on the bus, before a single fan questioned his ability. If they'll do that to a manager with Sven's reputation, I don't fancy Nigel's chances. Please do not ask for evidence, or inside knowledge, I do not have any: it is just a feeling. :102:

Foxes!

I even no anover Lester supporta and ave seen almost all there, err, hour matches on tele and shit.

Up the oran, no redd, no bloos. Yes, up the bloos

there are more trolls around here lately then a Norweigan bridge

I agree with you about getting rid of the deadwood and about nugent and beckfoord are looking solid together upfront.answer to who i would get in would be billy davies

Davies was rubbish when he was with us first time around. Never go back is a good rule in this case.

Pearson Out!!!! Pearson Out!!!! Pearson Out!!!!!

Curbishley or McCarthy or Bruce or Sven or Dowie or Davies or Walshey or AVB or as Player Manager - Captain - and Centre Half - Matt Mills In!!!!

It's going to take time.

As a footballing operation ,the club is a mess. Players have been brought in on a random basis mainly by Sven but at a much smaller level by Pearson too.

I don't think it would help in the slightest to make another managerial change in the near/ medium term. Pearson seems to have flipped his lid a bit too much over Mills - and boxed himself into a corner - which isn't to say that Mills is anything but an expensive flop. But we don't seem to perform as well defensively without him whether he's a flop or not.

I think that a major issue is the lack of football wisdom on the board and in the executive posts. Pearson has no one to talk to there, bounce ideas and no one has the capacity to take him on one side and give him some advice.

It's going to take time.

As a footballing operation ,the club is a mess. Players have been brought in on a random basis mainly by Sven but at a much smaller level by Pearson too.

I don't think it would help in the slightest to make another managerial change in the near/ medium term. Pearson seems to have flipped his lid a bit too much over Mills - and boxed himself into a corner - which isn't to say that Mills is anything but an expensive flop. But we don't seem to perform as well defensively without him whether he's a flop or not.

I think that a major issue is the lack of football wisdom on the board and in the executive posts. Pearson has no one to talk to there, bounce ideas and no one has the capacity to take him on one side and give him some advice.

I am not sure that I understand you. Obviously, with the glory of 20:20 hindsight, no one would have signed Pantsil or Johnson, for example but, one can appreciate what they were meant to achieve. Which players do you see as random signings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363