Vardy: Premier League Centurion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame it was an empty stadium for no 100 as the crowd would have gone mental when he got that, even if it probably was his easiest out of the 100.

Great vid and great to have him back - what a player and character to go with it too.

Absolute legend!

He's two off Drogba (103 goals in eight seasons).

Not far off the top 20, which he should make by the end of next season.

I really really hope he gets the golden boot. I'll bang your mum is not far behind.

I can't be the only one who found all the nonsense graphics annoying? Also, can't believe they left out the Man Utd 11th game goal.
Let’s be honest. It’s a shitty video. Not their best work by far

Wait for the DVD. Or the Sky programme

I'll bang your mum is not far behind.

It's quotable... even if I don't know what it means.

Edit: OK, worked it out now, which is a shame as it was much more entertaining as an enigma.

in answer to my own question Derek Hines was the last person to reach 100 league goals for us at any level back in 1961, Lineker was 5 short when he left
It's taken nearly 60 years to repeat the feat ! And nearly 90 years since anyone managed 100 top flight goals for us. Who will be the next - and when ??

Vardy might not be as multi-talented as some strikers by what he has got is both pretty darned effective and not so straightforward to defend against. Teams know what he can do (his runs, pace, and finishing) but stopping him is another matter. Put the ball in the right place for him and he's away. It's not luck, it's talent - he can finish.

You only have to watch the videos the club put out showing all his previous 99 goals to see what an outstanding striker he is. Right foot, left foot, headers, inside the box, outside the box, he is no where near being a one trick pony.

Right foot, left foot, headers, inside the box, outside the box, he is no where near being a one trick pony.

Sky showed some stats. There were not so many finishes from outside the box (from memory around 3, but I'm sure someone will correct me ;) ) No criticism intended either, I'm sure Lineker's was similar and I wouldn't class Vardy as a poacher.

I liked Michael Owen as a footballer.

As a pundit though, he's a twat.

Vardy and Lineker can’t be compared, completely different styles of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757