Vaughan quits as England Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out something about KP today.

He disagreed with the selection process with SA. So he came over to play in England for a couple of clubs till he maintained his working VISA also his mom was born here.

I admire how he stood up against the SA's and came here. But I personally feel this rule should be changed. There are far too many foreginers picking willy nilly to play for better sides, or shall I say more desperate sides that pick these players. Its unfair and doesn't give a true reflection of nationalities or the country.

Something has to be done, it's not just the English other countries have foriegn players, it goes against the whole point of having a national side.

I do admit: KP is an exception, he disagreed with the selection process and I admire how he stuck two fingers up and attempted to play his cricket in England. I disagree with him able to play for England.

What does your nationality count for if you just pick and choose the country you want to play for :102:

I'm hindu. I don't want to get into a big debate about religion, but don't class all of us as Allah worshipers; IMO thats fairly ignorant :icon_wink
It was ignorant, it was meant to be, I thought that was the level you had set the conversation at by calling KP a foreigner.

It was ignorant, it was meant to be, I thought that was the level you had set the conversation at by calling KP a foreigner.

Is he English?! No he isn't.

The word, "foreigner," means- "A person from a foreign country." I class a South African in England, "foreign," I'm so sorry for being ignorant. :icon_roll

Is he English?! No he isn't.

The word, "foreigner," means- "A person from a foreign country." I class a South African in England, "foreign," I'm so sorry for being ignorant. :icon_roll
He has an English Mother, he plays for England, and he views himself as officially English.

We could argue all day about being born to mixed race parents, I'm no expert, but I certainly wouldn't call KP a foreigner.

He has an English Mother, he plays for England, and he views himself as officially English.

We could argue all day about being born to mixed race parents, I'm no expert, but I certainly wouldn't call KP a foreigner.

I would. People excuse foreigner to be an insulting word; but when used in the right context; like when I used it, its used in the correct manner IMO.

I would. People excuse foreigner to be an insulting word; but when used in the right context; like when I used it, its used in the correct manner IMO.
You used it as a derogoratory term, so quit the bullshit.

You used it as a derogoratory term, so quit the bullshit.

It read to me that he was using it to insinuate that the English would only be any good at cricket with a foreigner leading.

But I despise cricket so I'll leave now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669