Vichai Statue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I object to the positioning of this. I welcomed the creation of the garden at the site of the helicopter accident. It is a fitting and appropriate memorial to all who tragically died that day.

I would not have a problem with the family adding this statue to that garden or place it at the entrance to that garden. Or even in a prominent position within the new training ground.

However, he was owner our club for 8 or its 136 years and there are no other statues at the stadium. There are at least six people (players and managers) I can think of that I'd see more worthy of an individual statue right out in front of the stadium before any owner. There are several great teams, most especially the 2016 title winners that merit such recognition more too. We have to think that this will be the prominent image in front of the stadium for many decades. And I just don't think that's appropriate.

We already have massive pictures of Vichai adorning the front of the stadium as well as his company branding everywhere. Like I say, something near the garden by all means. But this is too much.

We are not Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha's memorial football club.

I object to the positioning of this. I welcomed the creation of the garden at the site of the helicopter accident. It is a fitting and appropriate memorial to all who tragically died that day.

I would not have a problem with the family adding this statue to that garden or place it at the entrance to that garden. Or even in a prominent position within the new training ground.

However, he was owner our club for 8 or its 136 years and there are no other statues at the stadium. There are at least six people (players and managers) I can think of that I'd see more worthy of an individual statue right out in front of the stadium before any owner. There are several great teams, most especially the 2016 title winners that merit such recognition more too. We have to think that this will be the prominent image in front of the stadium for many decades. And I just don't think that's appropriate.

We already have massive pictures of Vichai adorning the front of the stadium as well as his company branding everywhere. Like I say, something near the garden by all means. But this is too much.

Have a word with yourself.

you really need to moan about this?

Wib. ****ing. Ble. I sometimes think you crave the reaction rather than Really believing in what you post. I really hope so at least.

I get not wanting to be sucked into the trap of living with the disaster as a defining point. With that in mind : the statue is a good idea. Better if we could incorporate existing elements of the title victory into it.

I can see where BN is coming from.

For some reason we as a club have never felt it fitting to homour a single member of our sporting history.

Not one ex player or manager of what is a football club.

I have no problem with a statue, its much deserved. The positioning and sheer scale of it should be questioned without being labelled as the anti christ.

If the owner of our club who put things in place for us to ridiculously win our only ever top flight trophy isn't worth celebrating with a statue then who the **** is? Seriously, I pride myself on being a miserable **** but this is beyond laughable.

That's not what I said though is it.

Only one objection received so far..............................

BN?

I think what they're doing is weird but I'm clearly in a small minority. People don't seem to be thinking beyond the emotion of the tragedy.

I can't think of any other football club that would build its only statue of a former owner. The only thing weirder is when Fulham put one of Michael Jackson up, but that is exceptional.

136 years of existence and the only statue is of an owner we had for 8 years. Irrespective of his character and the things he did for the club, that's just not proportional. Have Chelsea got one of Matthew Harding or even Abramovich? There are dozens of club owners that have left a similar/greater legacy at clubs and none of them would consider such a thing.

One other point I'll make. I'm really not sure that the man himself would want this. He was apparently a very humble man that didn't want publicity for the things he did. It was actually what I liked most about him, that he did good things on the quiet and didn't want the glory for them. This doesn't strike me as the sort of thing he'd ever have signed off on.

One other point I'll make. I'm really not sure that the man himself would want this. He was apparently a very humble man that didn't want publicity for the things he did. It was actually what I liked most about him, that he did good things on the quiet and didn't want the glory for them. This doesn't strike me as the sort of thing he'd ever have signed off on.
I kind of agree with you on the whole regarding the statue.

However, I reckon Top and whoever is close to the decision making process would know whether its something he'd approve of.

He always struck me as being generally reserved but more than happy to step up and take the plaudits where the football clubs success was concerned. He always paraded, held the trophy around the pitch more than the manager.

I think it's a good idea, but I do think that it is a trifle odd. I'd rather have a combined statue of Vichai AND the spine of the team from THAT season personally.

It's the greatest season of our history. It deserves recognition.

I think it's a good idea, but I do think that it is a trifle odd. I'd rather have a combined statue of Vichai AND the spine of the team from THAT season personally.

It's the greatest season of our history. It deserves recognition.

I agree. I have no problem with a statue of Vichai but would like to see some recognition of Claudio Ranieri. It does not fit in with modern Leicester. Normally we honour people like Nelson Mandela and Jesse Jackson who have no connection with Leicester. Nelson Mandela at least has the saving grace of being a great man. not so IJesse Jackson. It is no surprise Keith Vaz would be the one who suggested naming a park after Jesse Jackson. Leaving aside the fact that Jesse Jackson has been no friend to this country he is the epitome of the corrupt politician. This was a man who paid hush money from a non profit organization to silence his mistress after she gave birth to their child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757