Confirmed Transfer Waghorn to Wigan (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/14-01-31-latics-sign-waghorn-1331184.aspx

Leicester City striker joins club until end of season

Wigan Athletic are delighted to announce the loan signing of Leicester City striker Martyn Waghorn, who arrives at the DW Stadium until the end of the season.

The 24-year-old former England Under-21 international becomes Uwe Rosler’s fourth signing of the January transfer window, and speaking of the deal the manager said:

“When I met Martyn it was clear he shares the ambitions we have as a club and is relishing the challenges that lie ahead.

“He is a versatile attacking player who can operate in all three positions in the front line, and he also gives us great quality from set-piece situations.

“With a busy fixture schedule ahead of us it was important to bolster our attacking options. So I’m delighted to bring Martyn to the club and can’t wait to start working with him.”

Waghorn joined Leicester from Sunderland in 2010 after a loan spell with the Foxes, and has since spent time on loan at Hull City and, earlier this season, Millwall, scoring three times for the Lions.

The forward also appeared against Latics at The Den back in December, shortly after Rosler was announced as Manager.

Last edited:
Yeh, good luck.

I, for one, wanted him to come good for the team, alas doesn't look like it will happen.

We move one!

Best deal of the transfer window (for us, not for Wigan)

A better deal would be Preston signing Gallagher permanently as I suspect we are still paying a big chunk of his wages.

Jesus, how the mighty fall (Wigan that is, not Waghorn).

It's not often that Wigan (in any sense other than the Rugby League team) and mighty are used in the same sentence.

Out of contract come the summer, so I fear that is goodbye Mr Waghorn.

It's a shame because despite all the criticism of him he actually looked a useful player at one point. Such is life, though, he wouldn't get near the first team now and it's best he moves on.

I'm going to watch Sheffield Wednesday Vs Wigan tonight so I shall bring back a full report on Waggers performance (if he plays).

He started for them at the weekend, please report back with full analysis and details regarding a recall for the playoffs.

He's gone

Let him go, and never speak of him again

He's gone

Let him go, and never speak of him again

Yeah but he was really good for half an hour at home to Derby last season.

Yeah but he was really good for half an hour at home to Derby last season.

He was slightly above average for that half hour (which I accept for him is being really really good)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570