Post Match Watford 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll repost what I put in the match thread.

Tielemans was disappointing, Albrighton was far too often in no mans land and Vardy has been starved.

Gray looked lively since coming on.

To add to that Maddison's general play was ok but his delivery was bloody awful, thought Justin would have got forward more especially with Albrighton on his side and very little threat from Watford on that flank.

Not sure why Vardy wasn't hooked as soon as Chilwell scored. We had Nacho and Gray to run around up front.
Morgan &/or Bennett should have come on as was inevitable Watford would go even longer and more direct at the death. This is surely a given and basic stuff? Most managers would have done exactly this.

Poor quality game and we had players who looked nowhere near it

Madison, Albrighton, Barnes, Tielemans had real stinkers. Wilf and Cags struggled. Chilwell got absolutely roasted and was all at sea on occasion. Justin, Evans and Schmeichel kept us in the game. Gray lifted the whole team when he came on

Vardy was as isolated as he was under that bastard Puel

But what a glorious, beautiful goal. Simply wonderful stuff.

Sadly the end was inevitable - we had looked vulnerable from crosses all game, and we got lucky that they only got one via that route

All in all it was a load of old poo, really

But I was screaming at Madison, jumping out of my seat like a madman when we scored, and swearing like an navvy when we conceded at the death
Same old, same old, then.....

You can make five substitutions, but only on three occasions during the match.
That's why I made the post above, saying we should have made the Choudhury and Nacho substitutions at the same time, which would have allowed us to make another one later.
Oh I see

I thought Justin had a good game.

I think this set of behind closed doors matches is going to show up quite a few players who aren't able to perform (possibly lacking concentration) in these conditions .... like the entire Arsenal squad, Maguire perhaps ... slight concerns over some of our midfielders who look distracted (or more distracted than usual).

I think this set of behind closed doors matches is going to show up quite a few players who aren't able to perform (possibly lacking concentration) in these conditions .... like the entire Arsenal squad, Maguire perhaps ... slight concerns over some of our midfielders who look distracted (or more distracted than usual).

Players will be affected in different ways. Some players might need the buzz and adrenaline that playing in front of a big crowd gives them.
Others might be anxious about playing in front of big crowds, or might be affected by abuse from the crowd, so they might play better behind closed doors..
For example, Chilwell today might have got some abuse from Leicester fans for some of his defending - and if that had got to him, he might not have had the confidence to shoot when he did.

Meanwhile Vardy, who seems to feed from atmosphere, was as quiet as I’ve seen him in a while.
well he was completely starved of any service, Brendan has changed his role now, he doesn't charge around anymore so will look quiet if we don't create

To be fair to Chilwell, there are not too may defenders around that wouldn't be skinned by Saar. That lad is quick. At one point, I was concerned we'd give away a penalty because Chilwell was pulling Saar back as he'd been done for pace, again.

Meanwhile Vardy, who seems to feed from atmosphere, was as quiet as I’ve seen him in a while.

Vardy feeds off it. Barnes often seems to have confidence issues, maybe crowd pressure? For both of those today there was no chance to shine as they like to run onto the ball rather than with it. I thought Barnes would relish the lack of crowd pressure but forgot there's more to matches than that. I'm now not surprised Gray, who loves having the ball regardless of what he's going to do with it, was better than the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757