WEEK TWENTY TWO - results and tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Shockingly low scoring in the Premier League this week. Not a single Bonus Point between them and an average score of rather less than 4 points apiece. Dreadful performance by bocadillo beaten by the odd goal in one by Brauny Blue in a match which should never have been started in those conditions.

OldGit beats Orifice by the narrowest of margins in the Battle of the Mighthavebeens. Both of them are still in with a sniff of the Championship, as is Brauny Blue - but it's BOB HAZELL in the driving seat with points in the bag and, arguably, the easiest of the last day fixtures.

At the bottom Siouxsie has now given up all hope and it will take sterling performances from Desert and alex in difficult Boxing Day away games to prevent them from joining her.

p22.JPG
p22tab.JPG

Jeff seems to have clinched the title, slipping 3 points into the net as the recently unbanned jas123 fails to turn up. Second and third-placed pork pie and MHS can't manage a victory between them but results over the season have made them worthy of their promotion spots.

Big battle for who goes up with these three though - spion, Doug and Dunmow are tied in 4th place on 42 pointsand just to make it even more exciting, the first and last of these meet up in next week's finale. glyn (absent from today's matches after his coach got caught in a snow drift on the Heads of the Valleys boyo), lazzer and jb just have to pray that the ex-Frog can get one over on Doug on last day and that spion and Dunmow play for a draw - even then they will need a pile of Bonus Points if they are to overtake them.

Two gone at the bottom - and another five feeling very nervous.

n22.JPG
n22tab.JPG

Last edited:
Dazzler takes his turn at the top as Buxom beats Brown Nose, setting up a straight head-to-head between the top two for the last game of the season - well done to the fixture planners!

It looks as though beaumont and fcukcov have left it too late; they will need to rack up the Bonus Points if they want to snatch the second promotion place from the loser of next week's title decider.

3n22.JPG
3n22tab.JPG

Well, what do you know? pds has lost again - three successive defeats, following fifteen successive victories. The title is sewn up though, leaving NN, Northants, Tamworth and swellbelly scrapping for the additional promotion spot.

3s22.JPG
3s22tab.JPG

Last edited:
Re: WEEK TWENTY TWO - scores so far

About time I had a walkover. Now I'm safe I might play some of the youth team next week.

I am gutted. I definitely had the predictions typed up, I remember doing them on the train. I thought they had been sent but maybe my signal failed and tapatalk let me down. :-(

Re: WEEK TWENTY TWO - scores so far

you can always check your outbox to make sure.

Thought this would be the final push which saw us break into the promotion slot in a Blackpool stylee.

Gutted.

Oh well, Fair play OldGit. Another high scoring weekend! Looks like you and me have been beaten by Bob and the Later Spurters tho.

Cheers Boc.

Oh well, Fair play OldGit. Another high scoring weekend! Looks like you and me have been beaten by Bob and the Later Spurters tho.

Cheers Boc.
Thanks for surrendering !

A win is a win - especially when it's the first in god knows how long!

If my first 6 weeks of the season had been like my last six weeks I reckon I would be down by now

What a poor scoring lot we are in the Premier.

And Bob just for you as it's from your era and sums it all up for you

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgZzlZhlRUo[/YOUTUBE]

Glad I got the one point though, but I've now got the worst goals against in the Premier except for Singth who is way way bottom

I've now got the worst goals against in the Premier except for Singth who is way way bottom

That must mean, of course, that on average people score more goals against Singth than they do against anybody else. Why do they bother to do that when they know he isn't going to turn up?

At the bottom Siouxsie has now given up all hope

I've not - I've just had a rubbish season.

I don't remember having had any games where my opponent hasn't turned up either to give me a chance.

I don't remember having had any games where my opponent hasn't turned up either to give me a chance.

Week Seven

Siouxsie 10 : - Singth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572