Confirmed Transfer Wellens gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit confused here. Does 'contract cancelled by mutual agreement' mean they have paid him two years wages?

I thought it meant both parties just walked away. Club does not put him in reserves and expect a transfer fee if they can sell him. Player is a free agent, so could ask for a signing on fee.

If they are going to pay the rest of his contract, why not keep him and give him something useful to do, like washing the kit or spiking the pitch at half-time with a fork?

Cue over-the-top abuse of someone

Of which there has been none.

Unlike the over-the-top slagging of Zoumana Bakayogo, by people who have never seen him play, in the Zoumana Bakayogo thread about Zoumana Bakayogo.

Bit confused here. Does 'contract cancelled by mutual agreement' mean they have paid him two years wages?

I thought it meant both parties just walked away.
Presumably you've not read the rest of the thread. It's usually somewhere in between. Normally the club and the player will come to an agreement under the terms of which the original contract becomes null and void, and the player receives a payment or number of payments whose total value is less than that of said contract. Sometimes this is done to allow the player to move to a new club, and the termination amount is often (not always) approximately equivalent to the shortfall caused by a decrease in wages so that the player does not lose out. Sometimes this is done without the player having found a new club, but unless it's completely impossible for him to stay at the club there's no reason he should accept such an agreement.

Of which there has been none.

Unlike the over-the-top slagging of Zoumana Bakayogo, by people who have never seen him play, in the Zoumana Bakayogo thread about Zoumana Bakayogo.

Of course not, not after I posted what I did. If you went back through any previous Wellens thread or thread where he was discussed, there would have been countless over the top reactions though.

Bakayogo is proper shit though.

Serious question for a change - does Wellens', or any other player that has left, payoff have to go down all in this years accounts or is it allowed to be pro rata'd for the remaining years on their contracts. EG if Wellens had 2 years to go, does his pay off have to be all into this years accounts or can it be spread across this year's and next year?

Don't know if that contract length was correct but just an example?

It would have to all go in this year as it is effectively an onerous contract, for which you recognise the costs at the point that the contract becomes onerous.

Never really rated Wellens personally. Over the top I know.

Woah there cowboy, reign yourself back in. Inflammatory remarks like this will only serve to vex people around these here parts more than a post criticising a tennis player.

Someone tell me the ****ity thought it was a good idea to give him a contract that ran until 2015?

I mean really, was the aim at the time not to get to the top flight?

Some proper ****s at this football club.

Someone tell me the ****ity thought it was a good idea to give him a contract that ran until 2015?

It's almost as if our owners don't know what they are doing.

I think his name began with S and he was Swedish.

The contract was due to expire in 2014. Still about two years too late, mind.

Agreed, great player on his day. My only gripe is he perhaps should have been moved on sooner.

Don't think he was a "great" player. We haven't had any "great" players in the last 9 years.

However, he was one of our better players a couple of years back....and if he had had pace would have been too good to play for Leicester.

No surprise Sky are reporting he is training with Doncaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569