Post Match West Ham 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d have won at a canter if Hamza hadn’t gone to that party.

Irrespective of the side show issues, that was a really poor performance against a nothing team.

West Ham were there for the taking and we were diabolical for 90% of that match. No energy, nobody interested in taking on the challenge. We looked like a bunch of weak, distracted, players.

I've not had a bad word to say about him but Vardy now has to be dropped. Sorry, but we cannot continue to play with ten men. He is a total passenger. I hope it's because he's carrying an injury and not an age thing but he is just an embarrassment to his shirt at the moment. He cannot be enjoying this.

So much was wrong with that performance that I could go on and on. But BR has to earn his money now. It's easy to look good when we are doing well, but he needs to address the off field issues and make some firm decisions on formation, personnel and tactics now.

Unfortunately they have to be though don't they?

Not enough creativity in the side without them.

Yup. A shame really. Will be hoping they get shifted in the summer. The timing couldn't be worse.

West Ham we’re on one leg at the end of the game. Massive opportunity missed if we’d had a full compliment of players that should have been available

Albrighton was superb. Always gives 100% as well
Yep, he should have come on at half time.

But alas no, apparently Luke Thomas on so that Castagne could play at centre back was deemed to be the better option...

Yet again, Praet shows us what a nothing player he really is. I just don't understand what he brings to our side. I wouldn't have started with him given the lack of Perez and Maddison; I'd have gone with Tavares so we could at least pretend we had some spark of creativity.

That performance stank. The fact we played so well at the end made it worse because it just hummed of a team not caring enough rather than not being good enough. I really can't get past those ****ing imbeciles who decided that their own arrogant, selfish wants were more important that those of their team mates or employers. **** them.

Albrighton and Iheanacho get a pass. The rest, well I am inclined to forgive them given that they would have felt let down, angry and funcking annoyed at the antics of those ****yfuck flapwombles who thought it was a good idea to have a rimming party.

Really frustrating result that, not just points/league wise but just the manner of it.

Defeats like last week against Man City I can take no problem, we were well and truly beaten by a much better team.

Today however, West Ham were nothing special at all and they didn't have to do anything remotely creative but they someone got 3 goals from nothing/gifts.

We now need to win the next 4 league games if we have any chance of CL football.

A lot will be made of those players who broke the rules and weren’t available, and rightly so, they should be pilloried. But even without them, with the right professionalism, approach, and attitude we easily could have come away without defeat.

Another *massive* game where we’ve come up short by a long way under Rodgers. Spurs away last season, Utd at home on the final day, Villa cup semi-finals, Chelsea in the FA Cup; the list is too long for it to be coincidence or bad luck.

Even before they scored we had created nothing. It was a meh performance at best to that point. We then went behind and crumbled. And our supposed top coach did the square root of ****-all to alter things. Even if Amartey was injured, the half-time change was baffling at best and nonsensical at worst.

We got a goal back because of a mistake by them, which to be fair to Kelechi was capitalized on very well. West Ham then retreated but in reality for all our possession we didn’t create a glut of good chances.

We don't know the effect on the rest of the team of making those players 'unavailable'. It may have been difficult to focus pre-match with those rumblings going on, and any last minute changes to training and match prep over the week.

But, yes, in theory the team we fielded ought have been enough to hold off an ordinary WH team. That we didn't, and yet again seemed to come up short on a big occasion is a little baffling. We were poor, again.

Hopefully a change of focus (for the semi next weekend) will be a chance to regroup and refresh. Win it, and we'll hopefully get a bounce and 'feel good' back into our game. We've got to rise to the challenge of the not throwing away our CL spot.

But alas no, apparently Luke Thomas on so that Castagne could play at centre back was deemed to be the better option...
Castagne is a quality player. But by using him as a utility player we are doing him a disservice. A good coach would work out his best position and play him there regularly. It’s great in theory having players who can play in multiple positions but it’s not good for the individual player.

A lot will be made of those players who broke the rules and weren’t available, and rightly so, they should be pilloried. But even without them, with the right professionalism, approach, and attitude we easily could have come away without defeat.

Another *massive* game where we’ve come up short by a long way under Rodgers. Spurs away last season, Utd at home on the final day, Villa cup semi-finals, Chelsea in the FA Cup; the list is too long for it to be coincidence or bad luck.

Even before they scored we had created nothing. It was a meh performance at best to that point. We then went behind and crumbled. And our supposed top coach did the square root of ****-all to alter things. Even if Amartey was injured, the half-time change was baffling at best and nonsensical at worst.

We got a goal back because of a mistake by them, which to be fair to Kelechi was capitalized on very well. West Ham then retreated but in reality for all our possession we didn’t create a glut of good chances.
But you can explain your last paragraph with your first.

A lot will be made of those missing and I am convinced that we win or at least don't lose that game, if 2 of them are available. We didn't create a glut of chances because we didn't have anyone to create them. Like I said in the match thread, we have 4 creative players at the club; Barnes, Maddison, Perez and Justin. With two of them out injured, the other two needed to step up. Today, we just didn't have the ammunition. Praet or Mendy? Meh - both shite. Tavares? I'd have probably gone for him but I'm not sure he is creative enough either. Albrighton was the one but this change came way too late.

We don't know the effect on the rest of the team of making those players 'unavailable'. It may have been difficult to focus pre-match with those rumblings going on, and any last minute changes to training and match prep over the week.

But, yes, in theory the team we fielded ought have been enough to hold off an ordinary WH team. That we didn't, and yet again seemed to come up short on a big occasion is a little baffling. We were poor, again.

Hopefully a change of focus (for the semi next weekend) will be a chance to regroup and refresh. Win it, and we'll hopefully get a bounce and 'feel good' back into our game. We've got to rise to the challenge of the not throwing away our CL spot.
The fact that we came up short on a big occasion is no longer baffling to me, it’s what I expect under Rodgers

Meanwhile James Maddison spotted golfing this afternoon. Deary me.

If that’s true it’ll be the end of his England career. What a plank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757