Post Match West Ham 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the source of Maddison golfing at Kilworth

But you can explain your last paragraph with your first.

A lot will be made of those missing and I am convinced that we win or at least don't lose that game, if 2 of them are available. We didn't create a glut of chances because we didn't have anyone to create them. Like I said in the match thread, we have 4 creative players at the club; Barnes, Maddison, Perez and Justin. With two of them out injured, the other two needed to step up. Today, we just didn't have the ammunition. Praet or Mendy? Meh - both shite. Tavares? I'd have probably gone for him but I'm not sure he is creative enough either. Albrighton was the one but this change came way too late.
I agree with that mate. Which is why the decision not to be bring Albrighton on at half-time was a completely ****ing idiotic one.

A6F23D91-354A-4EF2-AA7F-0B258A87F65D.jpeg
Next 4 are must win if we have any kind of aspirations to finish even in the top 7.

For me it is sports psychologist territory. We do the hard work of getting ourselves into a comfortable position where the pressure really should ease off a bit, and then we **** it right up.

I think if we win the next 4 we have an excellent shot at top 4
I personally don’t. I can see Liverpool winning 6 or even 7. Chelsea will win most of their games including most likely against us. That will finish us off in my opinion. Not to mention West Ham having a fairly easy run in. Their last game I think is v Man City who will be more worried about the possible FA cup final or CL final to risk putting a shift in.

My pessimism agrees with Jimmy Lad Jimmy Lad

Chelsea played some pretty impressive football yesterday, they've got momentum. Liverpool are on a roll even if not always clicking. They way we've played the last 2 matches doesn't fill me with confidence. We'll need some results to go our way including, ideally, the head-to-heads - the first of which, today, didn't.

No two ways about it, it's squeaky bum time.

I personally don’t. I can see Liverpool winning 6 or even 7. Chelsea will win most of their games including most likely against us. That will finish us off in my opinion. Not to mention West Ham having a fairly easy run in. Their last game I think is v Man City who will be more worried about the possible FA cup final or CL final to risk putting a shift in.
Chelsea have got West Ham, Villa, Arsenal and Man City in their remaining matches, alongside us, so not exactly exactly a walk in the park.

Are we really one of the top 4 teams in the league though?

Here we go. It's just little old Leicester, we've been a yo-yo team before don't you know, so we should be happy with our team of serial bottle merchants.

No matter how you dress it up, putting yourself into a position where you can get champions league football and ****ing it up twice in a row is a humiliating failure.

My opinion is that this season is one of twenty pretty shitty teams. I don't think any side has impressed me consistently, us included.

It's been a fecking mess of a season and if we come out of it with a top four finish and a cup final, I'll be thrilled. These are still very realistic goals.

We've had an absurd number of injuries and weird performances this season. We look good one week, awful the next. Opponents are totally random in that you really cannot predict who will/will not turn up.

We do deserve a top four finish on the basis of our away form. It has been sensational. Our home form is midtable stuff.

In terms of players, only Tielemans has consistently delivered and he sometimes disappears. All the rest of our players have blown hot and cold, or just cold. But like I say, I reckon most clubs would say the same. This season has been awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263